Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What browser are you using?

Just wondering if you put one on your thrive and how you like it. So far I haven't, still using Google.

But thinking about it.

I have three other browsers and they all have something they wont do and something they will do. Tablets have a little ways to go before I would call them much more than a gadget. Sorry, little annoyed at my 500 dollar pdf reader.
    nonie likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Smile Re: What browser are you using?

Jmdwifi, thanks, sorry your not happy, right now. Hope things get better.

I ended up getting the Dolphin browser, so far like it.

Default Re: What browser are you using?

I got the Opera browser to enable me to get my bookmarks from my puter. I like it but end up using the stock android browser most of the time.
    nonie likes this.

I use Dolphin for Pad, Firefox Nightly, and Skyfire. Each one gives me a bit different characteristics so that I can get a page to render exactly as I expect it to.

But, I like to tinker, whereas most people just want it to work.

In fact, that's how I describe Android. It's perfect if you like to tinker, if you just want it to work and not think bout it, get an ipad.
    nonie likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hummungbirdhill, when you say android browser, are you talking about Google that came on the thrive?
    That's what I have been using, but am glad I downloaded Dolphin, so far, I am liking it.

The Keither, guess I could always give those a try, delete ones I don't like or use.

Always like to know what others use and like or not.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I loaded Opera Mobile the day I unboxed my Thrive and I haven't looked back.
    nonie likes this.

[QUOTE=nonie;1310557]Hummungbirdhill, when you say android browser, are you talking about Google that came on the thrive?QUOTE]

Yes, I'm uncertain that our Thrive's android browser is actually Google Chrome . . . Glad you are happy with dolphin!