Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What browser are you using?

Just wondering if you put one on your thrive and how you like it. So far I haven't, still using Google.

But thinking about it.

I have three other browsers and they all have something they wont do and something they will do. Tablets have a little ways to go before I would call them much more than a gadget. Sorry, little annoyed at my 500 dollar pdf reader.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Smile Re: What browser are you using?

Jmdwifi, thanks, sorry your not happy, right now. Hope things get better.

I ended up getting the Dolphin browser, so far like it.

Default Re: What browser are you using?

I got the Opera browser to enable me to get my bookmarks from my puter. I like it but end up using the stock android browser most of the time.
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

I use Dolphin for Pad, Firefox Nightly, and Skyfire. Each one gives me a bit different characteristics so that I can get a page to render exactly as I expect it to.

But, I like to tinker, whereas most people just want it to work.

In fact, that's how I describe Android. It's perfect if you like to tinker, if you just want it to work and not think bout it, get an ipad.
    Thanked by:
    nonie 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hummungbirdhill, when you say android browser, are you talking about Google that came on the thrive?
    That's what I have been using, but am glad I downloaded Dolphin, so far, I am liking it.

The Keither, guess I could always give those a try, delete ones I don't like or use.

Always like to know what others use and like or not.

Global Posts
    260 Global Posts

I loaded Opera Mobile the day I unboxed my Thrive and I haven't looked back.
    Phone: HTC Desire 610 with Android 4.4.2.
    Tablet: Asus MEMO Pad 8 with Android 4.4.2..
    Thanked by:
    nonie 

[QUOTE=nonie;1310557]Hummungbirdhill, when you say android browser, are you talking about Google that came on the thrive?QUOTE]

Yes, I'm uncertain that our Thrive's android browser is actually Google Chrome . . . Glad you are happy with dolphin!
    hummingbirdhill
    2ENCOREd 'n' 4NOTEd