Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New Thrive is on its way... Advice please

Hey All,

Ordered a Thrive from Amazon. I am getting the 16gb model.

I have read as many threads as I can, as many reviews as possible, and am happy with my choice. This will be my first tablet, although I have an android phone.

Many have said not to activate the security software... what about any other software that is preinstalled? Any others to avoid as well?

Is there a limit to the size of the SD card? I"ve read about people using 64gb, 16gb, 128gb....

Is there any reason to not use my existing gmail on this device? Should I set up another account? I'm sure they could be linked to be able to receive email, but didn't know if this would help with privacy or not.

I appreciate any and all advice,

Steve

Oh yeah, does anyone use one of the document programs and a keyboard to compose letters and such? Didn't know how well this would work on the device. I'm getting one to replace my dead laptop.

Default Re: New Thrive is on its way... Advice please

What ever you do DONT UPDATE USING Toshiba service Center!!!! IF YOU WANT TO GET THE FULL USE OF YOUR NEWLY PURCHASED TABLE!!!!!! If you do is up to you...

Check this link below and you will find your way into the Matrix of Thrives.... lmao But remember DONT UPDATE!!!! YOU CAN FIND ME THERE ALSO AS RECONKILLER

Toshiba Thrive Forum

I am new to the Android tablet World and just got a Toshiba Thrive. i am wondering what you mean by " DONT UPDATE USING Toshiba service Center!". What is this? Is that a link on the tablet itself? Is this used to upgrade the build or to 3.2? I am not understanding. I am Windows (and a Mac person) and I am on automatic when computer like machines tell me to update.
    Is this advice based on wanting to root the tablet later? Thank you!