Can't play music from SD

GMTarkin

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a 16GB Thrive, and a 32 GB Class 10 SD Card on which I have loaded all my music. When I open up the Google Music app it shows all of my music and playlists, but it won't play any of them. I have downloaded doubletwist and winamp, and neither of them will even look to the SD card to play the music (interstingly enough, I have doubletwist on my computer and used that to sync to the SD card). I can't find a setting to tell the tablet to look to the SD card for music, and I have so far been unable to mount the tablet in the same manner I mount my EVO to sync via USB. Has anyone else had this problem? Can any of you fine folks help?
Thanks in advance!

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure the SD card is mounting to the tablet? you should have an icon in the bottom right indicating it is mounted.

If it is mounted, try using a file manager to browse for the music. If you can find music, what happens when you manually launch it?

Is there a .nomedia file in the folder with the music?

GMTarkin

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your response. There is a SD card icon in the corner indicating that it is mounted. I had confirmed, prior to my post, that I could find the music and manually launch single files to Toshiba's media player only.
I did not see a .nomedia folder.
However, all of this is now moot. I found a solution (in another forum). I downloaded a free app that instructed my tablet to re-establish the media portion. I do not have my tablet with me, but I will update the name of the app.