Patience for the newbie - questions

anon(599668)

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Tablet > Toshiba Thrive Computer > Toshiba Satellite L305 w/Ubuntu 11.04 OS

Several questions re: the Thrive and connecting it to the laptop.

1. On Thrive tried to connect to a web site that I have but it came back with a notice that it isn't there. In looking close, tried stock browser, tried links from other sites, I finally noticed that there is an extra letter in the URL. The site I want to connect to is Home - ffpc-rods fly fishing blog. What shows in the browser URL tab is too long to post here but at the start it shows http://ffpfishingreports.m.webs.com. Somewhere the .m was added and I need to get rid of that. Doesn't matter what I try I get the same results with every attempt at going there. Any suggestions on how to get it to accept the correct entry and go to that URL or is there something I need to change in the Thrive to accept the website?

2. Would like to USB conect to the laptop but it does not appear on screen. Threw out Windough$ and went to Linux Ubuntu 11.04 for the OS. Will never go back. Anybody familiar with setting up the Thrive to communicate with 11.04. If so steps needed in beginner style.

Thanks for any assist and expect more questions.

ffp

EDIT: Found problem with connecting to sight. Web.com has the Duda mobile app and apparently it is faulty. Disabled the mobile app on my site and now able to visit with both tablet and phone with no problem.

Went to BB and talked to Geeks person about some other problems. After about 10 minutes he took me over to Customer Support and told them to replace the one I have. Also did some checking and, according to lots of various posts, made a major mistake in updating to 3.2. Too many problems to list.

Last edited: