no speaker sound?

albercl

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My new Thrive (AT100) has a peculiar issue. While I can hear alarm tones/notifications without headphones and other audio WITH headphones I have NO sound otherwise. I have gone through all of the sound/audio preferences that I can and none have changed this peculiar issue. The fact that I can hear the alarm tones/notifications and hear (all sorts of audio) with headphones in lets me know that the speakers do work. What I do to get the speakers to function when the headphones are NOT in with more than just alarm tones/notifications? help? I should add that a hard reset has been tried already to no avail.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
to understand fully,

headphones in==alarms, notifications, mp3's, streaming audio, video--all provide sound through the headphones.

headphones out==alarms, notifications--provide sound through the speaker.

this might sound stupid, but what happens if you plug in headphones, begin playing a song, and pull out the headphones?

albercl

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
That is correct. Everything has sound when the headphones are in and only alarms/notifications have sound through main speakers when headphones are out. I have tried removing the headphones while listening to different kinds of audio to see if the main speakers would pick up and was met with nothing but silence.

lsmunoz

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
sounds like a media player profile, though I can't think of where you might go to fix it. What apps are you using for music and video? Have you tried using a different app to see what those results might be?

albercl

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I have tried audio on YouTube, Netflix, music on SD card - through Google music and the thrive media player, and finally an interval training app. :'(

Peter Koegel

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
My wife's tablet just developed this same problem two days ago. She is running ICS and not rooted. Seems strange multiple occurrences of the exact same symptoms are happening. Has nobody solved this problem yet?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife's tablet just developed this same problem two days ago. She is running ICS and not rooted. Seems strange multiple occurrences of the exact same symptoms are happening. Has nobody solved this problem yet?

The ICS OTA update caused issues on the Thrive. Best thing is try and roll it back to HC. Visit Thriveforums.org for more assistance.

Gunn Valencia

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Guys! I fixed mine.. in the headphone in, I just rotated a small flat screw inside it while playing a music and the speaker sound just when on.. its just that simple.. but that's just for me.. just try guys and be patient.. :)

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Guys! I fixed mine.. in the headphone in, I just rotated a small flat screw inside it while playing a music and the speaker sound just when on.. its just that simple.. but that's just for me.. just try guys and be patient.. :)

That was probably cleaning out the "gunk" inside the headphone jack, which happens all the time. However, the ICS update for the Thrive caused many issues. That's why I rooted my Thrive and I never had that issue