Android Central's First Look at CES

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Android Central sat down with Toshiba at CES 2011 and took a look at a yet to be named Toshiba tablet. The tablet itself, has some pretty decent hardware specs, and based on what we were told in the interview, it sounds like it will be running a fairly native Honeycomb UI (yea!) Here's what we know so far:

• A dockable Android tablet running Honeycomb.
  • Screen: 10.1" at a 1280x800 resolution, with a 16:10 aspect ratio, and adaptive brightness.
  • Video upscaling capabilities.
  • 2MP camera front facing camera.
  • 5MP rear facing camera.
  • Stereo speakers, and "adaptive sound technology" for noise reduction when video chatting.
  • Android Market & Toshiba Market access.
  • Textured rubber backing.
  • Full-size SD card on board.
  • Ports: USB2.0 port, HDMI and miniUSB.
  • Bluetooth enabled.
Unfortunately, no release dates were announced, but we're told the main dependency is the release of Honeycomb to Toshiba. So it sounds like we'll see it sometime between Honeycomb and that tasty Ice Cream release later this year *lick*

Enough of me - what do you guys think of this one? Yea? Nea? Maybe?

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to try the tablet out at some retail store. It sounds like it has everything I need. I think this will be the tablet for me.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

gamul1

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is why I want it. Good ports and that great backing. Wifi only, come on toshiba, can you hit $550?

I would assume they will be in this ball park. The Xoom has the press and Toshiba needs to come in under the Xoom. But at this point, i just want this thing and will buy even if more.

But - does anyone have any sense as to when this thing will really come out? Spring goes until June 20th and I am praying I don't have to wait that long.

gamul1

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I read April which is cool and this seems better spec then xoom.

Man - I hope so. I soooo want this tablet and waiting if getting harder to do with the Xoom out there looking so fun.

If anyone sees anything on release dates, please post them. Even a rumor of a rumor. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech