Move Apps to SD in Android 3.1 HoneyComb/Toshiba Thrive?

techelec

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I preordered an 8gb Toshiba Thrive, running in 3.1. I was thinking that simce it had a sd card slot, I could move apps to sd. I download a lot of apps, and cannot have a mere 8 gb. I LOOKED EVERYWHERE on the internet, but all of the amswers were for other tabs, or they werent clear. sorry for my spelling, typing on ipad, but anyway, is it possible to use Apps2SD? On Honeycomb? Help!! Is there any specifics onnthe Thrive that allows me to? Help would be greatly appreciated.... THaNks:):):):)

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
However, 8GB should be fine for the size of apps that Android usually has...it's the pictures and HD 720p video that would eat that space up quickly.

True, and the pics and HD videos can be stored on the SD card or an external USB drive based on the specs.

techelec

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I just checked the Android Market and saw that most apps were like 2 mb. Is that true? I guess I'm just used to iOS, since most apps there are like 35 mb, or Gameloft and EA and others can be as much as 1.5 gigs.

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, I just checked the Android Market and saw that most apps were like 2 mb. Is that true? I guess I'm just used to iOS, since most apps there are like 35 mb, or Gameloft and EA and others can be as much as 1.5 gigs.

Yeah, most Android apps are 2 - 3MB tops. The biggest app I have on my phone is Firefox 5 Mobile at 12MB. Android Central's app is also pretty large at around 12MB.

PopCap has some pretty terrible ports of their games and, as such, are about 32+MB...they should NOT be that big. But griping aside, 2-3MB tops are the norm for apps, maybe 10+MB if it's a game.

Reactions: redman213

cliftond

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Just so anyone thinking of buying a thrive that has a lot of apps...it only allows 3gb's for apps. I have a 32gb, thinking I would have more room for apps...this is not so! I already have 1.5gb's used of the 3 given. My boss got a Samsung galaxy and it has no limit...other than the hard drive it self. I'm a little disappointed that Toshiba would limit this...:'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks