I have a Thrive right now.

viper-2

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me ask, I know I've read it and cannot find this answer difinitively. What is the largest size SD card the Thrive can accomodate? Thanks!

krips

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the Samsung 10.1 Tab. It is awesome but the lack of accessories (yes I know they are online) in the stores and the fact that it cannot be expanded like the Thrive can, I am considering trading it in since I am within my 14 days with BB. My local BB has them in stock and one of the workers took one out for me to play with. It is sweet! I will say the screen seems to be better on my Sammy (color and brightness). So, I guess what I am getting at is this. Would you trade in a Galaxy 10.1 for the Thrive? Is it that good?
Thanks!

I guess these tablets doesn't come under 14 days limitation, instead 30 days and 45 days for Silver premier members. Currently I'm playing with both of them. IMO, currently Samsung Tab 10.1 has upper hands on the display and speakers. Other than that, rest of the specs on current Honeycomb tablets are more or less same. May be you can check with your local BB about the 30 days limitation, and if it says it is, then get the Thrive and compare it side by side hands on. Though, it'll be hard to keep your eyes off from Samsung Tab 10.1 ;)

reinbergs

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Are we able to remove manufacturer's apps like the Kaspersky app like we can on the HTC EVO 3D (and I believe the Thunderbolt too). Once that trial is over, the app would be useless.. =/

I tried to remove BOOK PLACE app on Home page by going to Settings>Applications
then Clicking on Force Stop and the Clear Data

Did not work.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to remove BOOK PLACE app on Home page by going to Settings>Applications
then Clicking on Force Stop and the Clear Data

Did not work.

But BOOK PLACE is an app . . .Clear Data wouldn't remove the app itself---only the data (info) you may have added to the app . . . Right?

And the Force Stop would only stop BOOK PLACE from running . . .

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd be interested in how you guys think the display compared w/ an iPad2 or Tab as well...the Transformer has a lot of glare unfortunately :p
If it compares favorably w/ an Apple CinemaHD display, it certainly can't be worse than a Transformer's IPS display...

And does it have haptic vibration feedback? There's probably space in it for that...the Transformer is missing it.

premarkable

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine at the local BB. I was surprised to see a display model on the floor. I thought I was going to have to beg them to buy it today. :) Yes, it does have haptic feedback.

Last edited:

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
lol...I bought one today and it's the same thing as the Galaxy 10.1 with the addition of an SD slot...too many bugs in Honeycomb...will be going back tomorrow.

Phoenix Rev

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
lol...I bought one today and it's the same thing as the Galaxy 10.1 with the addition of an SD slot...too many bugs in Honeycomb...will be going back tomorrow.

I was at BB this afternoon and compared the Tab to the Thrive and I have no idea what you mean when you say the Thrive is the same thing as a Galaxy Tab.

The Thrive is thicker, weighs a bit more, has a different backing, has a full-sized USB slot, anHDMI port, a user-replaceable battery, a 5 MP camera on the back, and an SD card slot.

Somehow, I am missing how the two are "the same thing" except for the SD card slot.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I was at BB this afternoon and compared the Tab to the Thrive and I have no idea what you mean when you say the Thrive is the same thing as a Galaxy Tab.

The Thrive is thicker, weighs a bit more, has a different backing, has a full-sized USB slot, anHDMI port, a user-replaceable battery, a 5 MP camera on the back, and an SD card slot.

Somehow, I am missing how the two are "the same thing" except for the SD card slot.

He means honeycomb being buggy

sent to you in three dimensions

johndoe2099

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I just got my thrive and Im waiting for it to arrive to my home. Any good suggestions in apps to use (apart from the usual ones like twitter and facebook) to juice up the thrive?

also is the Pen a good buy? every review says they're "average".
I'm kinda worried of staining the thrive with my fingers (I know how nasty can it get.. as I 've left a lot of fingerprints in my Samsung Epic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia