Switching Carriers to possibly have this phone

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am currently running an EVO on Sprint. My wife and I are having issues and i'm probably switching to Ntelos here locally in central VA. My question is this?

The Samsung Showcase (i500....galaxy S) seems to be the best android phone that they have. Is there any difference in the US Cellular version to the ntelos version or is an i500 an i500 regardless of carrier.

Also i'm in love with MIUI's Rom..What's the best way to root the phone at this moment. I believe the software is currently shipping at this carrier with 2.2 Froyo..

Thanks

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Since you already switched...

The hardware is the same. Showcase = Mesmerize = Fascinate. For some reason, the OS has some modifications based on the carrier, so you can't load the Verizon Fascinate version on a Mesmerize (or Showcase), and so on, even though they are all SCH-I500s.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
that didnt take long lol

Sprint changed it's TOS and I had a small window to leave with no ETF. However most decisions in my life are quick. Never have seen the point in waiting. Just put all the numbers together and go with the best options. Emotions and attachments aside.

I may end up switching it out though so I haven't rooted it yet....gps issues are killing me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar