Keeps Taking ScreenShots

stinzman

May 5, 2011
Visit site
My Mesmerize takes screenshots when i press the power button... And i'm not holding down the back button.. Almost like its stuck sometimes.. When it occurs i can keep pressing the power button and it will take as many pics as button presses.. Only way to correct it is by pressing the back button once then hit the power button.. Just wondering has anyone else seen or heard of this.. Its been doiong it since 2.1, 2.2, and now even 2.3... I was hoping one of the updates would fix it.. Seems its worse now.. Almost believe its actually something wrong with the screen..

Uncivil11

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I get it frequently and just press back a couple times to clear it. I dont know why it happens but i hate it. Bad thing is when i want a SS i can barely get it to take.

jarhead565

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I know in order to take a screenshot you have to hold the Back button and then press the Power key.

When it decides to take a screenshot at will, I just wipe off the bottom buttons and problem solved.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bellifritz

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if you are willing to root the phone, but if you root it and delete the screencaptureservice.apk from /system/apps folder it won't take screenshots anymore.

AlterPostal

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Just as a side note, I've noticed that it does it when the screen has accumulated a bit of finger prints on the soft keys, alas the back button. So like jarhead565 says, I just wipe it off and problem solved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888