personalize text/email alerts?

creakyoldfart

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I've loaded some snippets I've used in the past for ring tones and email/text alerts. I had no problem changing the ring tone to what I want, but when I try to change alerts, I'm only able to find the preloaded deals, but none of what I loaded onto the card.

Is it not possible to personalize my text/email alerts? With both my old Q and my HTC TP2, I could set whatever I wanted for each of these.

Am I missing a step or something?

Thanks

creakyoldfart

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Figured it out all on my lonesome. Well... me and Google did.

Go to myfiles, hit the menu button, create a new file called notifications, go back to whatever file you want to use, press and hold it till a menu pops up, tap on move, go back to the notifications file you just created, tap and hold, when move here pops up, tap it. Then go to your home screen, tap on the messages icon, tap the menu button, go to settings, to to select ringtone, the one you just put in your notifications file will be there along with all the funky ones USCC stuck in there, tap on the one you want, and you be done.

Well, at least it works for texts. Haven't figured out if I use a different file for emails yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome