Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Life

How is the battery life on the mesmerize? I had a Samsung Acclaim from Us Cellular and ended up going back to my blackberry because I could hardly keep a charge. I would end up having to charge it two to three times a day even on days that I hardly used it.

Global Posts
    388 Global Posts

I've had the Mesmerize for almost a week now and the battery is about average for a smartphone. I get through the day with a few phone calls ~1 hr worth of music streaming, few minutes of internet browsing, random fiddling and tweaking and 100+ texts. You can't really compare the battery longevity to that of a blackberry...BBs have freakishly good battery life.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Batt life has been great for the GF unplugged 16 hours still at 60% I'd put it on par with her old 8330 and better than my Droid X. Much better than the USCC Desire that had terrible battlife

I found a huge battery life increase by simply changing the background wallpaper from a 'live' one to a static photo.

That was the first thing that I did as well. Battery will last me all day, almost! Looking for a spare battery and charger though.

Default cheap replacement batteries

Would it cost much to get a cheap replacement battery to swap out when it starts to run down?

any idea what the cheapest (price not quality) replacement battery would cost?

Quote Originally Posted by firenrescue105 View Post
    How is the battery life on the mesmerize? I had a Samsung Acclaim from Us Cellular and ended up going back to my blackberry because I could hardly keep a charge. I would end up having to charge it two to three times a day even on days that I hardly used it.
    I would say - just as its always been. Sucks!

Battery life varies with each individual usuage. There is no one answer to battery life.

However, there is one thing you can do to not worry about it.... keep the device charging while using.
    Last edited by rushrl; 01-21-2011 at 07:55 AM.

It depends on the user of course but you can make it last longer by turning off wifi and gps. Mine gives me about a days worth of up time before it needs to be charged but I don't talk much...mostly text and internet usage. Uscellulat does have that really nice battery swap if you find yourself too low and with no chance to charge.

Has anyone bought a replacement battery for the Mezz yet?

How much do they cost if you get a generic replacement?

Global Posts
    4,723 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock

My own experience is if I have the screen on (i.e. using my Mesmerize constantly), I go through ~10% per hour. When not I use, I guess it is around 2% per hour. If I'm using apps that use GPS, bluetooth, wifi, and so on, my usage might be more.

When I'm at my work desk, I have it on a cradle charging. It is in a cradle in the car as well, so it's plugged in there, too (mainly so I can use GPS). Between that and charging overnight, I haven't run out of juice. I came close when I first got it, but that was because it rarely ever left my hand.

It was just about the same with my BlackBerry. I used it so much each day that it wouldn't make it through an entire day (carried a spare battery with me for my Tour). I got into the habit of putting my BB in a charging cradle on my desk, and had a car cradle that charged as well. It was a natural transition to do the same thing with the Mesmerize.
    RuneCryption - Unique memory puzzle game for Android. ( Google Play - Amazon Appstore )

one thing I know for sure, is I downloaded a clock with weather (didnt like the one that was included), and made the mistake of having the weather update every 15 min. WOW, battery drain. I changed it back to 1 hour and now my battery lasts a lot longer. I still have my sync on for gmail, but I also disable GPS unless I am out driving and need it.