Mesmerize or HTC Desire?
01-25-2011 07:43 PM
- I've seen many people post how they love their phone over the other but I haven't really talked to anyone that has actually tried both for more than a couple days. Has anyone used BOTH of these phones more than about a week? What are your thoughts and comparisons? Which is the better phone?11-13-2010 09:45 AM
- I was hear looking for the opposite as I have the desire and would almost be willing to full price Samsung to get rid of this ...... After 3/4 months the desire will freeze get hot and force close. This is a huge problem with the overseas models as well go to HTC web site and the have a lot of postal on it.
The worst part is US cell telling customers a task killer will fix this problem. The overseas fix has been the cell companies replacing motherboards.12-31-2010 04:01 AM
- After a little play time in the store and a lot of reading I opted for the Mesmerize over the Desire even though a lot of the experts preferred the Desire. Faster CPU/benchmarks, bigger screen but comfy in the hand, MUCH better screen, and better battery life! The Mes just strikes me as a more modern phone...AND I got it for FREE!
One thing to remember though, the Desire is slated to get Froyo in a couple weeks, while the Mesmerize won't see it for a couple monthes!
Note: Not sure this means anything, but after the US Cellular holiday free sale, the Mesmerize is still out of stock, (last I checked), and according to their support line will be out of stock till Feb.! While USC is still trying to move their remaining Desires!!! Tech told me the Mesmerize out sold the Desire 3 to 1
Cheers01-16-2011 10:38 AM
- learning about how Samsung charges for "feature" updates (what they are calling Froyo) to the carriers, i will never purchase a Samsung product again.
here is an interesting article explaining it in more detail.
The Samsung Secret - Why U.S. Galaxy S Phones run Android 2.1 Still - xda-developers01-18-2011 09:15 PM
- Update: USC released a statement last week announcing early Feb., Froyo release for both Mesmerize AND Desire!
I also find it interesting that the Desire hit USC well before the Mezmerize and it still isn't updated, but we don't hear any complaints about that! Actually, the Desire is basically the Nexus (one), with HTC Sense thrown over the top, which makes this hardware over a year old!!! The Nexus one has been ported to Gingerbread already and we don't hear anyone complaining about the Desire being left behind!
Cheers!01-25-2011 07:43 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- More Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S
- U.S. Cellular Mesmerize
Mesmerize or HTC Desire?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD