Is 5GB a month enough?

Acroma

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
So I've heard the horror stories of going over the 5GB data cap for US Cellular.

So my main concern is if 5 is enough. I will be buying a Wifi router for home use and most of the usage will be at home. The wife on the other hand loves to use her phone outside the house "Streaming Music, GPS running tracker, and browsing".

I love my wife and all but having 200$ extra on my bill each month because she went over 800mb isn't my cup of tea.

Another question I have is. Do I have to turn off the Carriers data, or do I just have to turn on Wifi and it uses it over the providers service?

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
First off, I would suggest installing 3G Watchdog. That way, you can monitor your monthly data usage.

To go over the 5GB limit, you need to average 165MB per day. For normal daily use, you probably won't reach that much, unless you do a lot of music streaming or viewing youtube videos.

When you have wifi turned on, it takes over as the data connection when linked. There is no need to turn off 3G. You'll notice the 3G icon disappear when wifi is connected.

Reactions: Acroma

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
sales rep at US Cellular downloaded Watchdog from the market and set it up when he was activating my Mesmerize...easiest way of monitoring your useage and making sure you don't go over

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084