Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default [ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root

Hey all USCC fellows. We have froyo!

Check my XDA thread: [ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root - xda-developers

Best,
    dcow
    Thanked by 5:

this sucks download link is there but cant download because of dropbox

Default Root??

do I need to be rooted before using ODIN? this would be the first time i've used ODIN.

I download the file but I am going to wait another week or so to see if the official file comes out and if not, I will try to do this.

I got the download from this [FROYO-ODIN] Leak USCC Mesmerize Froyo EA11 Stock + Root - Page 7 - xda-developers

almost at the bottom, someone else posted a link!

Thanks!
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Link is back up. Sorry =/

Quote Originally Posted by josh121779 View Post
    do I need to be rooted before using ODIN? this would be the first time i've used ODIN.
    You do not need to be rooted to install this upgrade to Froyo. I'm using this and it works flawlessly for me!!

I'm using froyo also and it works great.

sweet worked great the first time thank you

I'm just wondering. Did US Cellular disable the Wireless Modem, or does it still work? Also, does Z4Mod still work for root after this upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbikernerd View Post
    I'm just wondering. Did US Cellular disable the Wireless Modem, or does it still work? Also, does Z4Mod still work for root after this upgrade?
    This upgrade file right here is already rooted so there isn't a need for z4root. The Wireless Modem is still enabled.

What is the difference between doing the leak and the z4root, are they both roots or is one a root and one a rom?

Quote Originally Posted by Blier2488 View Post
    What is the difference between doing the leak and the z4root, are they both roots or is one a root and one a rom?
    The leak has already been rooted that's all. But this leak is the entire package. Rom, radio, and kernel.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Flashed my phone the day after this came out. My first smart phone, so I was a little apprehensive. Since the upgrade I have had two applications crash. One was the Messaging client I can't remember what the other one was. Restarted each application after the crash and no issues after that. So far so good.

Definitely like some of the new features. I look forward to figuring it all out. Still not sure what to do with the "superuser" app I now have. I know this thing is now rooted, I just don't know what to do with it. In time I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dcow View Post
    Hey all USCC fellows. We have froyo!

Check my XDA thread: [ODIN] Leak USCC Froyo EA11 Stock + Root - xda-developers

Best,
    dcow
    That just looks way too hard for a non geek like me. I'm gonna pass. But thanks for the looksee!

anyone know when uscellular is releasing it. they did two other phones

^^ - I was told yesterday by my local U.S. Cellular Corporate Store that e-mails went out to staff saying Froyo would debut during the first week of March, who knows though.

---

I installed Froyo (the leaked copy) on my USC Mesmerize today and was very impressed! The first thing I did was utilize MyContactsBackup and got all my contacts right back. I went straight to the Market and got my apps back and re-setup my home-screen. The only app that I downloaded that gave me problems was Apps Installer by ModMyMobile, it crashed 4 times before I moved on to another suitable alternative (which there are many so it's no big deal).

While surfing through the pre-installed apps, I noticed that the camera has some new settings, allshare has a new icon, there a few apps missing, the wireless modem has been renamed and changed a bit. There is a few new pre-installed apps as well, including "Media Hub", which appears to be some sort of movie/tv show purchasing app. I looked at the cost of "Devil", a DVD that recently came out - $3.99 to rent, $17.99 to own. Seems expensive, I'll pass. Superuser is the other new pre-installed app and I haven't even messed with it, seems very technically sticky and I'm not ready to get into that quite yet. Several other minor changes including new settings and re-organization of the settings menu, new icons, new notification bubbles, etc...

Overall it's much faster, I've noticed superior battery life improvement and not NEARLY as much lag. Definitely worth upgrading, especially if you have another 3-4 weeks to wait. I know it seems complicated, but this was the first time I flashed an Android phone and it was very simple once you actually got down to it. Skip the whole "putting the phone into download mode" by turning your phone OFF and holding down the "down" key on your volume rocker. While holding down, plug in your USB cord (should already be plugged into the computer), and it will place the phone in download mode.

From there it's simply opening Odin, selecting the upgrade and pressing start. Odin does it all for you! Best of luck to everyone thinking about it, I'd go for it!
    Thanked by:
    john_v 

Quote Originally Posted by The Android Insiders View Post
    ^^ - I was told yesterday by my local U.S. Cellular Corporate Store that e-mails went out to staff saying Froyo would debut during the first week of March, who knows though.

---

I installed Froyo (the leaked copy) on my USC Mesmerize today and was very impressed! The first thing I did was utilize MyContactsBackup and got all my contacts right back. I went straight to the Market and got my apps back and re-setup my home-screen. The only app that I downloaded that gave me problems was Apps Installer by ModMyMobile, it crashed 4 times before I moved on to another suitable alternative (which there are many so it's no big deal).

While surfing through the pre-installed apps, I noticed that the camera has some new settings, allshare has a new icon, there a few apps missing, the wireless modem has been renamed and changed a bit. There is a few new pre-installed apps as well, including "Media Hub", which appears to be some sort of movie/tv show purchasing app. I looked at the cost of "Devil", a DVD that recently came out - $3.99 to rent, $17.99 to own. Seems expensive, I'll pass. Superuser is the other new pre-installed app and I haven't even messed with it, seems very technically sticky and I'm not ready to get into that quite yet. Several other minor changes including new settings and re-organization of the settings menu, new icons, new notification bubbles, etc...

Overall it's much faster, I've noticed superior battery life improvement and not NEARLY as much lag. Definitely worth upgrading, especially if you have another 3-4 weeks to wait. I know it seems complicated, but this was the first time I flashed an Android phone and it was very simple once you actually got down to it. Skip the whole "putting the phone into download mode" by turning your phone OFF and holding down the "down" key on your volume rocker. While holding down, plug in your USB cord (should already be plugged into the computer), and it will place the phone in download mode.

From there it's simply opening Odin, selecting the upgrade and pressing start. Odin does it all for you! Best of luck to everyone thinking about it, I'd go for it!
    Where do I place the different files to upgrade? Does anything go on the SD card, or everything downloaded just on the pc. I am new to this, so just asking
    to be sure. Thanks everyone for all their work.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by The Android Insiders View Post
    Superuser is the other new pre-installed app and I haven't even messed with it, seems very technically sticky and I'm not ready to get into that quite yet.
    Superuser app is not preinstalled by samsung, that was done before the odin file was created when whomever had the leak rooted the device and put the superuser app on there,,,its just a root manager with it you are able to see what apps are granted root permission. i never even look at it.
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by TimH View Post
    Where do I place the different files to upgrade? Does anything go on the SD card, or everything downloaded just on the pc. I am new to this, so just asking
    to be sure. Thanks everyone for all their work.
    everything goes on your pc, download the Odin application, install the drivers , download the odin froyo file

these directions apply for the fascinate but should apply for the mesmerize aswell, if the phone doesnt go into download mode with the battery out , then try it with the battery in (for fascinate the battery is to be left out)

Edit from looking over the XDA thread, leave the battery in so you can skip the taking the battery out part below

4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
    5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
    6.) Remove battery from phone.
    7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
    8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
    9.) Press and hold the volume-down key.
    10.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.

You should now see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode. You can now release the volume key.

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the ****.tar file you downloaded & then click the Start button.(this should take approx 9mins)
    13.) Phone will power down when finished.
    14.) Remove USB cable.
    15.) Reinsert battery.
    16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:
    john_v 

If you didn't understand Droid or need anymore help just shoot me a PM, I'm happy to help. I just did it on another USC Mesmerize so I've got it down.

Thanks for explaining Superuser Droid, I've peeked at it since. Looks like a useful tool.

Installed this yesterday, got tired of waiting for USCC but so far so good! Runs better, battery seems to be holding up better. Pretty easy to install, thanks!!
    Blackberry Storm 1> Blackberry Storm 2> Samsung Mesmerize>Motorola Electrify>AT&T SG3>AT&T SG4> AT&T Optimus G Pro>AT&T LG G2

ROM
    2.2.1 froyo EB16, Voodoo

after a visit to USCC with no real Froyo date, 2.2 leak got a new home on my Mesmerize...was a lot faster initaily but as expected it is slowing down to a more reallistic pace as i have reloaded the apps, files and accounts...biggest improvement to me is the new stock brouser, big speed bump here, and a lot of little thing that seem to make the overall experience more enjoyable.
    Battery life is yet to be seen and we will wait a while to finish the setup, let the phone settle in and get back to a bit more normal useage.

Cheers
    Thanked by:
    john_v 

Global Posts
    2,254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Just installed...just follow the instructions here and on the xda link and it's as easy as pie. In fact, I think this upgrade was easier and faster than any of my blackberry updates.

Thanks to dcow and all the others who put this together and posted the step by step instructions.

My username is john_v, and I approve this message.

(This signature has been inspected and found to meet all Mobile Nations Guidelines and FDA Guidelines for freshness and quality. Inspected by #52)

I have installed froyo but do not have any data on my phone...Help please

Having a little issue with my stock browser after I installed Froyo, cant seem to save any bookmarks! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast