Android 2.2?

jfhj2

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where or how to look for updates for the android. I am looking to get 2.2 so it will mesh better with my computer. Any help appreciated.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Given that there is very little if any code released, there is quite a bit of movement going on here and at XDAdevelopers on the Mesmerize/Fasinate on the Froyo front with custom ROMs, Kernels, themes, and Lag fixes!
phidelt82 and others have been the driving force to move these handsets forward even with very little help from Samsung and USCC!
Do a search on here and XDA Developers and you will get several helpful threads, then do a bunch of reading and ask some questions and you will be pleasently surprised!
This developement should see a surge of progress when the powers that be release the 2.2 source code

Cheers

Reactions: john_v

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well here we are with a little over a week left in March AND the 1st. quarter of the year! While spring has sprung, the official Froyo update for the Mesmerize has not as we quickly approach the third and final US Cellular promised release date!
While I have moved on to the EB16 package some time ago and couldn't be happier thanks to the very talented Devs here and at XDA Developers! It still ticks me off that USCC/Samsung repeatedly couldn't keep their end of the bargain and made promises they couldn't/didn't care to keep!
Now we get word that the Euro Galaxy S models are getting GINGERBREAD March 31 and we have yet to get some word on Froyo for our phones!
UNBELEAVABLE

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc