Text Message Pictures

spfsnana

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Good morning! I am new to the Android world and have come upon a confusing situation. I received a picture in a text message and figured out how to save it. However, I can't find where the Mesmerize saved the photo! I looked in myfiles and gallery and it isn't there. This is driving me Nuts! Please help me stop feeling like an idiot.

Thank you!!!

spfsnana

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Good morning! I am new to the Android world and have come upon a confusing situation. I received a picture in a text message and figured out how to save it. However, I can't find where the Mesmerize saved the photo! I looked in myfiles and gallery and it isn't there. This is driving me Nuts! Please help me stop feeling like an idiot.

Thank you!!!

spfsnana

No need to feel like an idiot ;) Try going to the "My Folders" app, look in your SD card in the folder labeled "Downloads". I just saved a sample sms picture, and that's where the phone put it by default. Kind of weird that it doesn't give you the option of where to save, but oh well, it is what it is.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you... :cool:

spfsnana

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I don't see a myfolders app, only a my files. There is a subfolder there labeled downloads, but it only contains ringtones I have downloaded.
I really appreciate your help!

john_v

Q&A Team
Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't see a myfolders app, only a my files. There is a subfolder there labeled downloads, but it only contains ringtones I have downloaded.
I really appreciate your help!

Ah yes my files (my bad :p ). Did you delete the sms that had the picture in it? If not I would try saving it again, and give it a generic name (instead of the name the phone gives it).
If you already deleted it, then the only thing I can recommend is just check every subfolder on your sd card to see if the pic is there. If it's not, I'd say it either didn't get saved or it somehow got deleted.
On both my phone and my wifes, the phone saved the sms pic to the sd/downloads folder, so other than that I don't know what to tell you. Hope you find your pic!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan