1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Long text messages turn into pic messages

I just got the mesmerize yesterday. I absolutely love it.

However, today I was sending a longer text message. Now I know one SMS message is limited to 160 chars. On my old phone, I would have to send it then continue the message in another SMS. I know some phones automatically break it up as you're typing to allow you to complete the whole message.

However, today, when I typed a longer message, it let me keep typing. When I sent it, the person receiving it said it sent as a Picture message.

I don't have free pic messaging so is there any way to stop this? or to get a character counter?

Try using a different SMS app like handcent or go SMS. Those might ficlx this problem.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks.
    As I'm new to the android market potential still, I was unaware that there were other SMS apps.

This is amazing. I went with go SMS. It fixed my problem and splits up the messages into multiple when I go over 160 chars.

Global Posts
    2,162 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Hey Rocky welcome to the forums! Keep in mind that in the market there are replacements for just about every stock app.
    Also check out the tips and tricks thread to help you maximize the potential of your mesmerize.
    Welcome to android central!

http://forum.androidcentral.com/gene...ps-tricks.html
    Last edited by Runs with scissors; 04-04-2011 at 06:30 AM.