Error Message/Force Close...any help?

JYo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
My boyfriend and I both have Mesmerizes running 2.2.

Yesterday, he began receiving the following error message "The process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And then, it requires him to force close.

There was also a message that said there was an error loading widget.

So, I had him:

1. remove the AccuWeather clock widget
2. remove the last three apps that he had downloaded
3. shut down/restart
4. battery pull

None of the above "fixes" have worked. He is still receiving the above error frequently on his phone, and is required to force close.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
im assuming he is not rooted or anything so try this

with the phone off press and hold Vol up+ vol down+ power button
let the word samsung flash twice then let go
this will lead you into recovery
scroll down using the volume rocker, then when you get to wipe cache press the home button
when done scroll up to reboot and again hit the home button.

if this doesnt work please share what mods or what he may have done leading up to this, did he try to root and debloat, things like that...

EDIT: im going to get some more sleep now i will be back later or someone else maybe able to answer any questions

Last edited:
Reactions: JYo

JYo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope, he is not rooted, and has not tried to root. And, he has been running 2.2 since the day it was released officially by US Cellular, so it wasn't anything that happened during the OS upgrade.

I'm not sure what "debloating" is, and he's even less techno-savvy than I, so I'm fairly confident he hasn't done that. :D

I'll have him try your suggestion, and see if it helps. Thanks so much! :cool:

JYo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
DroidXcon, he attempted the process you suggested (twice, in fact), and unfortunately, it did not work. :'(

He hasn't really done any mods or anything out of the ordinary...downloaded some free games from the apps marketplace, and installed 2.2 a while back. That's pretty much it.

I'm at a loss. Any other suggestions?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
DroidXcon, he attempted the process you suggested (twice, in fact), and unfortunately, it did not work. :'(

He hasn't really done any mods or anything out of the ordinary...downloaded some free games from the apps marketplace, and installed 2.2 a while back. That's pretty much it.

I'm at a loss. Any other suggestions?

factory reset?

RnRExpress

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
The issue is that the accuweather clock has corrupted its settings.

if you go under Settings; Applications, locate the Accuweather app and clear its data and cache. once you do that, youc an reload the accuweather clock.

If you cant get there, then unfortunately a factory wipe would need to be done.

TimH

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
My boyfriend and I both have Mesmerizes running 2.2.

Yesterday, he began receiving the following error message "The process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." And then, it requires him to force close.

There was also a message that said there was an error loading widget.

So, I had him:

1. remove the AccuWeather clock widget
2. remove the last three apps that he had downloaded
3. shut down/restart
4. battery pull

None of the above "fixes" have worked. He is still receiving the above error frequently on his phone, and is required to force close.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this issue?

This is the touchwiz home launcher and is somehow corrupted. Have him go to the android market and download golaucher ex or a home launcher of his choice and install. When he hits the home screen after installing, he will have a screen pop up and ask which app to use, pick the launcher just installed, and make sure to check the box at the bottom to make this the default. You can also download home switcher from the market, and pick which launcher to switch to if you want to try different launchers. You will like golauncher ex a lot better than the stock touch wiz anyway.

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi. Not sure if I should be posting in this thread since I am getting this error with a different app. I just got this phone yesterday. Last night I got this same type of error with the messaging app. Since I am a former blackberry user, the only thing I could think to do was a battery pull. That fixed it for a while but got the same error today. Did another battery pull. Works now but this needs to be fixed or I need a different phone if the messaging isn't gonna work.

TimH

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi. Not sure if I should be posting in this thread since I am getting this error with a different app. I just got this phone yesterday. Last night I got this same type of error with the messaging app. Since I am a former blackberry user, the only thing I could think to do was a battery pull. That fixed it for a while but got the same error today. Did another battery pull. Works now but this needs to be fixed or I need a different phone if the messaging isn't gonna work.

If you can, go to the Facebook Mesmerize Group, ask the question there. Someone will know what to do. I think you might have to uninstall the messaging app, and then reinstall it. Are you on Froyo 2.2 and have you done the ee19 update? The update fixed a lot of issues.

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
If you can, go to the Facebook Mesmerize Group, ask the question there. Someone will know what to do. I think you might have to uninstall the messaging app, and then reinstall it. Are you on Froyo 2.2 and have you done the ee19 update? The update fixed a lot of issues.
Um I'm not sure...the firmware says 2.2.1.

spray76

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded to 2.2.1 and that's when I started getting this error message on my Samsung Galaxy S phone. US Cellular Mesmerize. Didn't have a problem with it before. Now my phone even comes up in Safe Mode sometimes. Have to take battery out.

angel.lambert

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a samsung galaxy S2 and recently I got a notification for a game that I have called Frontline Commando. When i pressed on the notification, the app tried to run but failed. My screen just went blank. I waited a while thinking the problem was going to resolve itself but nothing happened so I tried pushing the home button but there was no result. I took out the battery, put it back in and switched on my phone. Once it got to home screen, a bunch of errors messages started popping up. There's nothing I can do to stop them. Each time I press on Force Close, one or several other error messages pop up and now i can't even use my phone. It's like all the applications are failing. I want to do a hard reset but I haven't saved some of my pictures. I was wondering if anyone could help me out because I can't even connect my phone to my computer the usual way because the connection can't be established.

ThatJawn

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem too, I have a Venture from Alcatel I think, and I just got it and turned it on, I still haven't seen the homescreen yet, so I haven't done anything with the phone yet, it came up with error messages like that, I called a Alcatel guy and he said just to charge it, any other suggestions?

alldayallnight1234

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
that works, thankz dude, thankz, i had that same message, then i just uploaded the go launcher, diff from the galaxy S launcher, but fuk it, its better than a master reset!:p

Chi_BaNX

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
i use a tecno p3 and after rooting it poot and ministro, i downloaded the root checker and still, i don't see any difference between the past and:):):):) now... i still cant play front line commando and d-day etc wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...............

ganesh thombare

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dear All,

I myself was facing the same issue.

I tried to switch off my cell phone and then restarted it, Kept on holding the setting button and clicked on Reset factory.

And it worked !!! Now my mobile is working fine.
But only the sad thing is that all the mobile data with apps is gone......

Last edited by a moderator: