I think I'm confused....

anon(252294)

Mar 29, 2011
www.americanmuscleokc.com
I am wanting to try the whole ROM flashing. I can never leave anything alone. Always have to modify it somehow. So....

I have the "Red CWM Recovery(by downloading the cwm_recovery-ALL.tar)
Is this the Voodoo kernel or just the recovery?

I am wanting a ROM that is smoother and more lag free and have thought about the PnP. Does this take the stock kernel? What are the benefits of the voodoo kernal?

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
oh dang I didn't realize I just asked almost the same question all over again in the other thread.

I'm confused, too. I think...

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
im just guessing here, but i believe its just the recovery and voodoo is just something on the list and doesn't do anything until you get voodoo kernel

the PnP that i downloaded (phidelt's) doesn't seem to include kernel files. does that mean it uses stock kernel? dunno.

voodoo uses a different filing system (or something lol) and it's supposed to be able to fetch stuff faster and use less space than stock kernel.

But what do i know. I still havent even rooted yet. I'm like a rodent that sticks his head out, runs back, takes a few steps and runs back haha

Last edited:

anon(252294)

Mar 29, 2011
Also I have rooted with Superoneclick and should I be able to see the phone files in "My Files"? I can only see the SD card. I noticed this when researching the boot animations and it said to put it in the system/media file.

anon(252294)

Mar 29, 2011
Well I tried to load a new ROM on the phone and that failed miserably...Kept getting the triple buzz. So I did a restore and all is good now. Dont really know what I did wrong. I wiped the cache then install zip from SD, then reboot. Any thoughts.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I tried to load a new ROM on the phone and that failed miserably...Kept getting the triple buzz. So I did a restore and all is good now. Dont really know what I did wrong. I wiped the cache then install zip from SD, then reboot. Any thoughts.

what build were you on before you flashed, what rom were you trying to flash?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair