Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone is possessed!!

So Ive had my mesmerize for about a month and a half. it was working great, but now about a week ago, it seems like its possessed. The haptic feedback kicks in for no reason sometimes. without even touching a button it will do it. Also, if i just hit the sleep(power) button, it takes a screenshot, without any other buttons pushed. that is rather annoying. Sometimes i can have an app open, and just looking at the phone, it will start pulling up mennus, and backing out of the app. it is affecting the battery life tremendously... any help?
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4
    Yes, Farmville is a real town, not just a game on Facebook....

My mes did the same the only thing us cellular could do is send yet another phone. Maybe phone number 3 will work. I think it is tied to the problem with the software and us cell.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: My phone is possessed!!

they wiped and reloaded my phone, it worked for about 3 hours, and started doing it again. its almost like the back button pushes itself... its crazy, and i hate it.
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4

Global Posts
    2,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Could it be an app? After they wiped your phone, did you reload all your apps?

Yeah, mine does the same exact thing, but it only seems to be when the phone's screen is facing down. For example, laying in bed, and it seems to happen a lot with some apps more than others... Facebook does this to me ALL the time. If I open the market or something though... Its fine. I've learned to live with it.. I'm just waiting for a Tegra2 device from US Cellular.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

i only reloaded certain apps. Im going to try a factory reset, and only install like 2 apps at a time a day to narrow it down.
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4

Good luck and let us know if you figure it out. My 5 th one should be hear today as to end phone calls now I have to do a batt pull. I can't wait for the new phones.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Well i contacted US Cellular again last night. Spoke with a tech for about an hour. Factory reset on my phone, with no apps other than bloatware, and it still did it. How is it possible that I got 3 phones in a row(4 tomorrow) that did the same thing? And this isnt a common problem?
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4

Global Posts
    2,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

You know I can't really speak to that; I've always had custom roms on mine pretty much from the day I got it.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

if this one messes up, i may get someone to do that, just to eliminate the problem.
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

phone #4 works! no issues, 3 days into ownership.
    -DC
    Motorola Droid MAXX 4.4

Global Posts
    2,423 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DCooper323 View Post
    phone #4 works! no issues, 3 days into ownership.
    Awesome!

my phone does it from time to time. I know gingerbread has alot of bugs in it for the i500. My wifes is worse but for now were getting by.