For Ubuntu for Android to work or be "activated," their website and all the descriptions I have read involve using the HDMI or other external video interface, or a dock.

With "phones," or pocket pc's or multi-function devices as we should rename them... the screen resolution is getting to HD quality with more and more phones...

If I carry a BT keyboard & mouse... I would hope I could just manually "activate" the Ubuntu interface. Does anyone else see this as an important feature to include?
    02-24-2012 10:53 AM
    For Ubuntu for Android to work or be "activated," their website and all the descriptions I have read involve using the HDMI or other external video interface, or a dock.

With "phones," or pocket pc's or multi-function devices as we should rename them... the screen resolution is getting to HD quality with more and more phones...

If I carry a BT keyboard & mouse... I would hope I could just manually "activate" the Ubuntu interface. Does anyone else see this as an important feature to include?
    Have fun with using a DESKTOP interface on a mobile phone screen....
    02-24-2012 07:29 PM
    To be honest I would be just giddy if I could pair my Ubuntu ready Android handset with my Asus Transformer and dock and use it......but then that's just dreaming lol.
    02-27-2012 08:53 PM
    I wish there was a "Downvote for ignorance" option... You've apparently forgotten about tablets, some of which have larger screens than ultrabooks and netbooks.

Ubuntu for Android would be amazing on something like the Transformer
    03-06-2012 11:45 AM
    I have no issue fixing my parent's computer using logmein on my Samsung Galaxy Nexus.
    03-08-2012 08:15 PM
    Tablets could definitely work, from a visual standpoint. On an HD phone display? Don't even wanna think about it.
    03-09-2012 04:27 PM
    the transformer series is so perfect for ubuntu wittth keyboard dock
    05-19-2012 02:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD