Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Laptop Shell for Ubuntu-Android Device

Anybody know if any of these are in the works? Basically like an empty Netbook shell with a keyboard, mouse, screen, but no mobo?

Would be pretty slick. Especially if they had another battery built-in, to augment the phones needs and power the screen/peripherals. Actually, if engineered properly, the touchscreen of the phone could serve as the touchpad mouse.
    Racer of Elevators

Global Posts
    1,139 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android / CM7

Default Re: Laptop Shell for Ubuntu-Android Device

I have read of a few devs getting a working Debian on their device, but it is a black box without a screencast app and a PC.

Id buy!:-)

Phone for a touchpad for the pc, thats an interesting idea. I like it sounds awesome.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by BSNINJA View Post
    Anybody know if any of these are in the works? Basically like an empty Netbook shell with a keyboard, mouse, screen, but no mobo?

Would be pretty slick. Especially if they had another battery built-in, to augment the phones needs and power the screen/peripherals. Actually, if engineered properly, the touchscreen of the phone could serve as the touchpad mouse.
    Like the Atrix? You can get the atrix dock to work with the galaxy nexus with some quirks.

1. ClamBook: ClamBook Android and iPhone Laptop Dock by Clamcase but not released yet.
    2. If you have a HDMI-out you can use an older Lapdock from Motorola.

Greetings
    Jrg