How to Root The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3
08-03-2014 10:15 AM
O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~11-17-2012 12:13 AM
- Well I feel like a complete and total noob. I rooted last night without making a back up. 10 mins later I dropped my phone. Now my screen is spider webbed. I've done quite a batch of searching, but have found nothing. Tomorrow I want to replace this phone using my warranty. My question is how do I restore to warranty status. I've found plenty of threads for other carriers but nothing for uscc. All I find isn people asking the same question but never any answers. Could anyone help me? Please!!11-30-2012 01:02 AM
- Could just do what my friend did and smash your phone in the door of your car, it was a total loss.
However I would not recommend doing that, this link should help.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums11-30-2012 02:07 AM
I tried to root my phone with the above video. I followed the instructions in the toolkit and did the PDA with Odin, but my phone never restarted. I can't get it to turn on at all beyond the SAMSUNG banner or sometimes I get the empty battery symbol which can't be true since this happened last night and I had it on the charger since then.
Please help...12-13-2012 01:20 PM
- So I've been trying to root my US Cellular S3 using information from this thread and other floating around. I'm hitting an issue real early in the process, pushing CWM from Odin to the phone. I can put my phone in download mode, I've set up odin from this thread and 3.04 from another thread for SGS3 rooting (found here: Team Epic: CWM Recovery on all SGS3 LTE Variants ). In both cases, when I push CWM out, this is the output I get in Odin:
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
On the phone:
Product name: SCH-530U
Custom Binary Download: No
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
And Odin just sort of hangs here. It doesn't brick anything, if I pull the battery and restart the phone it loads back up fine. I'm just unable to push out CWM and therefore cannot root. Is there anything else I should try or is there something wrong with my phone?02-01-2013 06:22 PM
From the website:Immediately after small payment click on "RETURN TO BOXTER24" to get to our download page.
To root or unroot your phone doesn't take more than 5 minutes and will be perfectly working for life.02-04-2013 06:12 AM
- Link to the free toolkit that does all you want...
[SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 TOOLKIT V7.0] Drivers, Backup, Root, CWM, BusyBox + MORE [VZN] - xda-developers
I've used it several times. Quality app.02-04-2013 06:20 AM
- This is all very new to me, so please excuse my ignorance.
Is this discussing how to get a sgs3 to work on US cellular, or getting a US cellular version of the s3 to work on other networks?
I am trying to activate an s3 (branded us cellular) and have been running into issues. I was told this version of the s3 was compatible with GSM networks, but now I have come to find out that it is not. My reasoning is to get the s3 to work on a network that provides a no contract unlimited plan. I ended up with a prepaid tmobile sim card that is non-refundable and doesn't work in the s3 currently. When selecting mobile networks I am getting LTE/CDMA and CDMA as options. No global or GSM option. I would like to get the tmobile sim to work so that I am not out the money spent on the sim card.
Is this discussion what I am looking for to fix my problem? I need some help from someone more experienced and patient enough to help me understand this.
Samsung Galaxy S3
Baseband R530UVXLI402-14-2013 09:48 AM
- Thank you for the clear-cut answer. So, I'm curious, why does it have a SIM card slot if it will only work on CDMA networks? I thought CDMA phones did not use SIM cards.
EDIT: Also, is Verizon's CDMA s3 different from US cellular's? Because I found this Change CDMA Samsung Galaxy S3 to GSM but don't really understand the details in the process. It seems to be dealing with the same phone, just from Verizon instead of US cellular.02-14-2013 02:39 PM
- There are some who have managed to get a USC phone to work on TMobile GSM but only at 2G speeds. It requires root and some complex tweaking. Not for the faint of heart.
This may or may not work for you and could end up making your phone worthless. Proceed at your own risk.
Fully working Verizon S3 on T-Mobile - xda-developers
You'd probably be better off in the long run to get a phone designed for your carrier.02-15-2013 06:38 AM
- Thanks for the help. Reselling the phone seems like I would lose a bit of money off of it and I hate to just charge that $50 SIM card to the game, but I'm not seeing a way to have my cake and eat it too... Do you know if the USC s3 would work on sprint's cdma network? This guy thinks no Fully working Verizon S3 on T-Mobile - Page 2 - xda-developers but he doesn't seem too sure of his answer, and provides no reference for it. I really don't want to think that the phone I have is confined to USC's shotty network. (doesn't work in my area)
The flashing part is the high-risk procedure, right? So if I get past that step without bricking my phone, I should be able to get it to work on a GSM network?
Sorry again for my lack of understanding, I did try to read through a bunch of android forums before breaking down and asking questions. I just want to get a clear understanding of the process before I try it out. Or find a more logical solution to allow this phone to work. I could compromise on the GSM network, but still need to know if the USC's version of the s3 is compatible with sprint or vzws CDMA network? Any clue?02-15-2013 10:22 AM
- What you are asking to do is pretty far off any beaten path and I doubt you'll find many, if any, who have done this before. You may be a pioneer if you succeed. A poorer person if you fail. The threads I've seen are sketchy at best with no real clear path. Good luck.02-15-2013 11:12 AM
- This is driving me crazy, I keep seeing rooting only for Sprint and AT&T and Verizon but not for US Cellular because, I need a root rom for US Cellular. I just got my S3 today and I really want to get it rooted so I can have free hotspot. Please help me with this and thanks.02-23-2013 01:59 PM
- This is driving me crazy, I keep seeing rooting only for Sprint and AT&T and Verizon but not for US Cellular because, I need a root rom for US Cellular. I just got my S3 today and I really want to get it rooted so I can have free hotspot. Please help me with this and thanks.02-25-2013 07:22 AM
- Could someone please help me root my new US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-R530U ANDROID VERSION 4.0.4 BASEBAND VERSION R530UVXL14 Please help me with this. I need someone could walk me through this. If there is someway if someone could meet me on here at a certain time because, when I try to do it, I keep getting error messages. Right now I have a Macbook with snow leopard. This is the hardest phone I have ever seen to get rooted. I have rooted other phones but this phone is hard to root. I know how to get into download mode and how to get into power home volume up and for download mode power home volume down at the same time. Please let me know thanks!02-28-2013 09:18 AM
- Ok I want us to stay in touch, my friend is going to let me borrow his windows 7 dell note book so I can root this phone and I will need you to walk me through this and help me root this phone and thanks so much but, I do have a windows xp desktop in the living room not sure if it will be able to root my USCC S3? Please let me know and thanks so much for your time.02-28-2013 09:34 AM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- US Cellular Galaxy SIII
How to Root The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD