How to Root The US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just looked man and didn't see anything newer than March. Anyone else have a idea?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I am currently not rooted. Am waiting for the s4 to come out before I root again.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
If I root, do i have to load a new OS (cynogenmod 10.1?)? Or can I keep it the stock android 4.1.2? I have read in places I can load a 4.2.2, is that true?

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
If I root, do i have to load a new OS (cynogenmod 10.1?)? Or can I keep it the stock android 4.1.2? I have read in places I can load a 4.2.2, is that true?

Root only gives you admin rights to the file system. You do not have to do anything else. There are several 4.2.2 ROMs out there, just make sure they are specific to the USC S3.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This site seems to have found something, what do you think? What is the point of having cynogenmod 10 with android 4.2.2?
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean CM10.1 ROM For US Cellular Galaxy S3 SCH-R530 | Koun-IT thank you.

If you're thinking about using CyanogenMod, I would suggest you deal directly with the official site...

CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Jelly Bean

There's lots of good information there as to what their ROM will bring over the stock. Read up, plenty of good ROMs out there to choose from.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I know there is a huge thread on this, but if I root, bad thing is, I void warranty, the good thing is "super user" (can delete useless bloat apps, use wifi tether, etc.). If I do not load a new OS, I will still have everything the same as far as how it works, operates, icons, apps, how it functions? Just want to be 100% sure I know what I am getting into.
Thanks

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Last one, I saw on a video that describes this entire rooting, he uses it for 4.1.1 version, mine is at 4.1.2, will that matter?

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
OK I got it to work. the cord I was using wasn't letting me connect with data, only power, to the computer I am using. I had to find my original cord to make it work. I guess some cords are inferior to others?

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
I rooted my phone with the tool kit, and it worked great. However, now my WiFi does not work. I try to turn it on and it says turning on.... Then never turns on. If I try to do the tethering it just reads error.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Also, I can't change my screen brightness any more!

Never mind I can. Just couldn't because battery was dying.

socha818

May 23, 2013
Visit site
An additional problem I have found is that the Google now temp in the the notification pull down isn't there anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok that is working now. What the heck! Still no wifi though. That is the most important thing I need fixed.

Last edited:

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
An additional problem I have found is that the Google now temp in the the notification pull down isn't there anymore. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Ok that is working now. What the heck! Still no wifi though. That is the most important thing I need fixed.

I rooted my phone with the tool kit, and it worked great. However, now my WiFi does not work. I try to turn it on and it says turning on.... Then never turns on. If I try to do the tethering it just reads error.

Also, I can't change my screen brightness any more!
Never mind I can. Just couldn't because battery was dying.

Did all of the issues happen from just rooting? Did you do anything else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463