very disappointed

handyman79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
got this phone after being with verizon and using the maxx...got this phone knowing it would be 3G for a while in my area...but NO reception half the time...and half the time i cant even can't get any internet connection ...talked to a rep today from uscell and samsung. was told there were problems with the phone, i got his phone 3 days ago, and already ready to take it back and go back to my razr maxx

handyman79

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i should add...im from washington state if that helps lol and used to only be with uscell...but left to get better phone, but when i saw they were getting this i had to come back...plus my phone bill being $30 cheaper

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a *228 call? Also, a battery pull sometimes helps, especially during the first few days of owning a new phone. There was also an OTA firmware update for the phone a couple weeks ago that your phone may not have, which brought it to Android version 4.0.4, witha build number ending in LG4.

jdennysgirl

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here. Continuous dropped calls while my hubby has just a regular non smartphone and talks away. I have done the above plus more and no change. I am at wits end! I love the phone as far as everything else goes, but what good is it if I can't send and receive calls without getting dropped?? :(:(

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
This is a known issue that I've lit up uscc on Facebook about. They assured my that they are working with Samsung on a patch for the phone.
I feel your pain as I wasn't having any signal issues with my SII or Mesmerize. And then I get the best phone in the world and I have this most basic issue.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

iowastudio

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Samsung and US Cellular have partnered up to do an exchange program for these buggy SIII's out there. If you call Customer Support at USC, tell them you need to talk with Tech Support so you can be put on the list for the Drop Call Exchange for the SIII. The list is already started and more details with be coming out next week directly from USC. But you MUST CALL right away!!!! I've heard from one source that there were a batch where they placed a screw in a bad spot which affects signal quality. I too have a POS III right now, it's essentially a digital camera, not a phone.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
got this phone after being with verizon and using the maxx...got this phone knowing it would be 3G for a while in my area...but NO reception half the time...and half the time i cant even can't get any internet connection ...talked to a rep today from uscell and samsung. was told there were problems with the phone, i got his phone 3 days ago, and already ready to take it back and go back to my razr maxx

there is an update releases today which seems to have fixed lot of signal issues. try it out.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive noticed its more stable not really improved at least in my area. But before it used to fluctuate like crazy from 2 to 3 back to 1 then 2 again. Now it stays on two or three but hell its alot more stable. And wi-fi is hell of a lot better. I liked this update. U should try it out.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

gnridn

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The update had absolutely zero to do with reception issues of any kind. It only added google wallet and bloatware.
Maybe I'm just wishing for the best, but my reception seems to be better after the update on my newly exchanged GS3. I'm in a non-4G area.

Last edited:

that_maynard

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone called to replace their phone? US Cellular will swap you phones no problems at all....maybe if you have a few scratches already, here's a way to fix it :)

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine replaced... Twice since the "new" phones were out. Still not thrilled with my reception. It's better than my first, but still not what I've come to expect from USCC.
On a side note, I don't understand people leaving one carrier for another over a specific device. The only reason I have ever changed carriers was for reception or cost. My thought is find a carrier who treats you well, has reception in the areas you need it and doesn't charge you through the nose for it. Then get the best device they offer. I have been with USCC for a little while now and suffered through not having the latest and greatest for most of that time. To me, the call quality and great customer service were worth not having a phone to make my peers jealous.

Sent from my Galaxy S III on Android Central Forums

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone called to replace their phone? US Cellular will swap you phones no problems at all....maybe if you have a few scratches already, here's a way to fix it :)

I would hope that any replacement request was based on legitimate hardware, reception or connectivity issues and not a few scratches. No company will survive if customers were to try to get a replacement based on scratches. Typically the tier 2 engineers can see if your specific phone has dropped calls and validate the return request.

On another note, the "fixed" phones are identified by removing the back cover and battery. Look at the sticker inside the phone where the internal memory is printed. Behind your 16GB or 32GB you'll see a -B or a -BR for the latest versions.

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I have been with usc for over 5 years and up until now have had great service.Like I said on my other posts I have went along with the replacement game 4 times. All were in new condtion fresh in the box they were shiped in, not amark on them.All my other phones wiyh usc have worked great.Like Kevin, I do not change carriers on a whim. there is a known problem with the gs3. I am now waiting on a note2 to be shiped. Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith