U.S. Cellular is exchanging S3s starting 10/1!

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
As per their facebook post today: "Samsung Galaxy S III Update ? For those of you experiencing increased dropped calls with your new Samsung Galaxy S III, we appreciate your patience. If you are among the small number affected, starting October 1st, you may visit your local U.S. Cellular? Store or call customer service to begin the exchange process. Thank you for your detailed feedback; it helped us partner with Samsung on a solution."

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
As per their facebook post today: "Samsung Galaxy S III Update – For those of you experiencing increased dropped calls with your new Samsung Galaxy S III, we appreciate your patience. If you are among the small number affected, starting October 1st, you may visit your local U.S. Cellular? Store or call customer service to begin the exchange process. Thank you for your detailed feedback; it helped us partner with Samsung on a solution."

FINALLY!!!!!!!!! I was trying figure out what was going on with this cause their twitter post wouldn't show so I'm finally able to see what they are doing!!!

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So I wont be wasting my time (long long drive) or anyone elses, is there some kind of list, serial number range or purchased between date that has been having issues so i can simply look it up and see if my phone is on that list. With a problem like this i would assume so. Thanks

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, like the post says... I would suggest calling customer support.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Well, I visited the store this morning. The process is uscc will be shipping you a replacement phone. They are not replacing them in the store. I was told they are being shipped next day air via UPS.
So, if you're concerned about a drive, I would definitely call to get the ball rolling.

I'm so excited to have a cell phone that works as a phone!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks kevin,
Iam not going to call as i dont seem to have any issues, i was in town the other day and made a few quick calls and didnt have any issues and after checking my signal around town it never got worse than -94dBm. My phone seems good but if that changes ill be calling.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I got mine the day after my last post here. I'm very pleased with my replacement device! Now there is nothing I don't like about this phone!

And now Google wallet? Sweet!

Sent from my Galaxy S III on U.S. Cellular

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Ouch! Maybe hold out till the end of the month and get a note II instead?

linderman29

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
I live 3miles from a usc tower, and have had full singal on every phone Iv had. I got GS3 knowing I am in a3g area,and have truned the on lte, but only have -96 to -99dbm.The last phone came UPS with no packing in box needless tosay it was beat up badly. Hope that was the problem with that one.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if its a used phone or new phone they ship us as a replacement?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty certain mine was new. But I don't think they will say one way or the other.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Pretty certain mine was new. But I don't think they will say one way or the other.

You'll know it's new if it includes all the accessories... battery, earbuds, charger, etc. If you get just a phone and back cover then you have a FRU (Factory Refurbished Unit).

badhabit_wb

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
USCC told me they were new but that they were just shipping out the phone and back cover. That's what I got but it looked new. Not sure how I could tell but it was flawless as far as scratches etc.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I spoke too soon about the signal quality. I've had my replacement a little over a week now and my call quality is garbled frequently and I'm still dropping calls.
I think I'll be giving USCC a call again.
Grrrr

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I think I spoke too soon about the signal quality. I've had my replacement a little over a week now and my call quality is garbled frequently and I'm still dropping calls.
I think I'll be giving USCC a call again.
Grrrr

Really???????? Man i hope you are kidding! Mine is coming in the mail today and ill be pissed if it gets worse! :mad:

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie