S3 & Picsas

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Every time I set up my Google account it down loads all the pictures from my computer to my phone. The only way I can them off is to delete the Google account but when I set the account up again they come back. In account syn setting under Google setting it looks like all the accounts are checked by default but the pictures down load before I can uncheck the pictures. There has to be a way to syn everything but the pictures but if just uncheck that box it is to late because the pictures are already on my phone.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Every time I set up my Google account it down loads all the pictures from my computer to my phone. The only way I can them off is to delete the Google account but when I set the account up again they come back. In account syn setting under Google setting it looks like all the accounts are checked by default but the pictures down load before I can uncheck the pictures. There has to be a way to syn everything but the pictures but if just uncheck that box it is to late because the pictures are already on my phone.
Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums
I found a way on another site.
The same happens when you sign in with an existing Google account that’s linked to Picasa; photos are added to the Gallery and are seemingly non-removable. Thankfully we’ve found a way of getting rid of the albums altogether, although it’s quite long-winded. Stay with us for this one…
1.Open Settings, scroll down and tap Application Manager
2.Tap All
3.Select Google+
4.Tap Uninstall Updates
5.Return to home screen by pressing middle button
6.Find Google+ in apps menu and open it
7.Follow setup steps, when prompted about Auto Uploads choose to turn them off
8.Close Google+
9.Open Settings, scroll down and tap Accounts and Sync
10.Select your Google account
11.Untick these options if available: Sync Google+, Sync Google Photos, Sync Picasa Web Albums
12.Tap Sync now at the bottom
13.Tap Back arrow twice to return to main settings screen
14.Open Application Manager
15.Tap All
16.Scroll down and tap Gallery
17.Tap Clear Data
18.Return to home screen by pressing middle button
19.Open Gallery app, you should now find that the Picasa albums are gone!