When will Us cellular release jellybean on the S3?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've looked all over and all I can find is that it's coming soon. Anyone else know anything different?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
That's the official word from Sammy. Unfortunately, you won't get any more concrete than that at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy S III on Android Central Forums

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
That's the official word from Sammy. Unfortunately, you won't get any more concrete than that at this point.

Yeah that's bs...... I hate waiting. I'm not brave enough to root and do it myself. I just KNOW I'll screw something up.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
While I've never done it myself, I hear it's pretty fool-proof. There are lots of recourses available on these very forums for rooting.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
While I've never done it myself, I hear it's pretty fool-proof. There are lots of recourses available on these very forums for rooting.

I know. But anxiety over bricking my phone and having to buy another one rt now scares me. My hubby just had his 2nd back surgery, had it fused n it's not going Well. I lost my insurance agent job because They're not making enough to pay me. So I'm back at the nursing home PRN. I have a 2nd interview Thursday at another agency. That's usually when they hire u I think. I may root when my warranty expires next August. Or I'll just get the next new thing n have my brother root it. Idk.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
USC always seems to be behind the times not matter what, Hell I was blown away when they had the S3 as soon as they did.

Rooting isnt that bad, after some videos and a few walk-throughs I had the process down. It was funny I had such a sense of accomplishment after i rooted my phone didnt even flash a rom and i was proud of myself. Team Uscellular has a good walkthough, if or when you decide to root.

And Good Luck on the interview.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
USC always seems to be behind the times not matter what, Hell I was blown away when they had the S3 as soon as they did.

Rooting isnt that bad, after some videos and a few walk-throughs I had the process down. It was funny I had such a sense of accomplishment after i rooted my phone didnt even flash a rom and i was proud of myself. Team Uscellular has a good walkthough, if or when you decide to root.

And Good Luck on the interview.

Is that an app? The team us cellular?

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Um, You shouldnt need a card for that forum. Try going to Google, then type in Team Uscellular forum, I never needed a card to look around or even join.
here is a link to the thread How to Root The Samsung Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S3 Guides/Tutorials - TeamUSCellular

this is the video that I used right from youtube.
How to Root the Sprint / AT&T / T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Latest - YouTube

iam sorry I didnt see that you were on your phone, When the thing pops up just hit cancel and you will be taken to the forum, You dont need the app store forum app to go to the forum.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Um, You shouldnt need a card for that forum. Try going to Google, then type in Team Uscellular forum, I never needed a card to look around or even join.
here is a link to the thread How to Root The Samsung Galaxy S3 - Galaxy S3 Guides/Tutorials - TeamUSCellular

this is the video that I used right from youtube.
How to Root the Sprint / AT&T / T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 - Latest - YouTube

iam sorry I didnt see that you were on your phone, When the thing pops up just hit cancel and you will be taken to the forum, You dont need the app store forum app to go to the forum.

Thank u. I bookmarked it.

kansashokie

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
yesterday i tweeted to us cellular, google announced 4.2, when will we get 4.1? the response back from them was sorry we have no date as of yet.

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
After several years with USCC and Blackberrys, USCC was ALWAYS well behind every other carrier with most OS updates and releases. The good thing with Blackberry was that you could use any carrier's OS by deleting the vendor.xml file. I wish it were so simple with droids.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
After several years with USCC and Blackberrys, USCC was ALWAYS well behind every other carrier with most OS updates and releases. The good thing with Blackberry was that you could use any carrier's OS by deleting the vendor.xml file. I wish it were so simple with droids.

Want everyone to know, I found s pen apps on the market. And u can buy s pens on eBay. I found the drawing apps, Well one of them, so really the note 2is just a bigger S3 to me. I will be buying an s pen.......

puk3n

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
i am usually at rootzwiki or teamuscellular sifting through the forums. i am running 4.1.2 jellybean. custon kt747 kernel so i can undervolt, and under/ overclock if need be. i have the leaked 4.2 gmail.apk. the base rom of course is CM10. rooting and custom Roms are a blast, android itself is so customizable. on the otherhand it takes a lot of time reading, really reading the posts...

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
i am usually at rootzwiki or teamuscellular sifting through the forums. i am running 4.1.2 jellybean. custon kt747 kernel so i can undervolt, and under/ overclock if need be. i have the leaked 4.2 gmail.apk. the base rom of course is CM10. rooting and custom Roms are a blast, android itself is so customizable. on the otherhand it takes a lot of time reading, really reading the posts...

I don't want to root. Not yet. I don't wanna take the chance of bricking my phone cuz that's my luck.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is pushing out their update this week. So it's a toss up on Who will be last. Verizon, T-Mobile or U.S Cellular???

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
US Cellular tweeted this morning that that have a major announcement tomorrow at 2 central, could this be the release of jelly bean?

It's not, it's a Q and A on facebook about the newest gadgets. Tomorrow's the big day! Stop by our Facebook page at 2pm CT on 11/13 for an exclusive Q&A with @SamsungMobileUS! RSVP: http://on.fb.me/TBqOzA

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to root. Not yet. I don't wanna take the chance of bricking my phone cuz that's my luck.

They actually have a toolkit where it roots for u. You do nothing. When it starts, you push 4 for us cellular galaxy s3 then there's lots of options and rooting is one and it does it for you. Very easy and pretty much foolproof. I was scared too at first but this way there's no way to mess up. Now I'm rooted and flashing roms.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000