When will Us cellular release jellybean on the S3?

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They actually have a toolkit where it roots for u. You do nothing. When it starts, you push 4 for us cellular galaxy s3 then there's lots of options and rooting is one and it does it for you. Very easy and pretty much foolproof. I was scared too at first but this way there's no way to mess up. Now I'm rooted and flashing roms.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Where do I find this toolkit?

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
darn. well back to tweeting them everyday asking for it!

- - - Updated - - -

darn. well back to tweeting them everyday asking for it!

Yup. I was on there too, asked several times n never answered me. They answered other ppl just saying it's not ready yet n blah blah blah.

that_maynard

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I think the big annoucement was the Mini SG3 :( I tried the Note 2 for a week with JellyBean and it was pretty smooth. Back to the SG3 for me, the N2 was too big.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the big annoucement was the Mini SG3 :( I tried the Note 2 for a week with JellyBean and it was pretty smooth. Back to the SG3 for me, the N2 was too big.

I want the note 2. I wish I could find someone to trade with.

gmmech

May 24, 2011
Visit site
looks like we have to wait longer.... :'(

something to do with USCC's mobiTV app not playing nice with the update

gmmech

May 24, 2011
Visit site
as far as how long.... its anyone's guess!

how do I know.... a little birdie told me...... no... just kidding.... Check out the blog post on TeamUSCellular

goofygooby

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Think its about time to replace Mary with someone that knows something/anything about running a wireless business. Losing customers for 7+ quarters in a row + selling of quite a few markets then irritating those that remain with slow updates makes for a bad business model. At this rate wont be long before they sell the rest to sprint.

gmmech

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Think its about time to replace Mary with someone that knows something/anything about running a wireless business. Losing customers for 7+ quarters in a row + selling of quite a few markets then irritating those that remain with slow updates makes for a bad business model. At this rate wont be long before they sell the rest to sprint.

actually from USCC's standpoint it makes pretty good business sense, They sold off a market that they were not gaining market share, infact losing market share. They can take the money from that sale and invest it back into the company in markets where they have stronger market share. Also USCC, gains a large chunk of their revenue from other carriers roaming in their rural markets, where USCC is VERY strong.

Now granted, I totally agree that they are VERY slow at getting software releases out, and as far as I'm concerned there is no excuse for that. If they want beta testers, I will gladly enlist!

aight30

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello and I feel your pain

This is not official but I am an associate at U.S. Cellular and my ASM told me today he heard we should be getting Jellybean the 14th the same time ICS comes out for the GS2. So fingers crossed!

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's update was approved today. Eff u US Cellular!!!!! I frikkin HATE YOU!

Wow who would've thought it.....................................wait for it.........................................hang on.....................................US Cellular being the last one. Shocker. I freaking hate US Cellular! Just drop the stupid bloatware no one cares about and freezes or deletes off their phone anyways then you don't have any issues. There you go....problem solved. Your welcome. ........face palm........

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello and I feel your pain

This is not official but I am an associate at U.S. Cellular and my ASM told me today he heard we should be getting Jellybean the 14th the same time ICS comes out for the GS2. So fingers crossed!

I'll believe it when it happens. I can't wait till my contract is up. I'm leaving them n going to prepaid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae