Jelly Bean...... yay!

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
HOLY COW SUPER AMAZING WEVE ALL BEEN MISSING SO MUCH WAAAAAAAA!

No not really! Not sure why people are so annoyed about getting it late but whatever, lol

So ive just got my jelly bean via computer download and i gotta say its pretty nice.
Nothing groundbreaking but smooth, new odds and ends to discover lol. So far its working great will update later after i get some time on it:)

Any questions let me know and I will answer the best i can.

Last edited:

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay I lied, the JB easter egg thing it super awesome. Why did we have to wait so damn long ;)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
HOLY COW SUPER AMAZING WEVE ALL BEEN MISSING SO MUCH WAAAAAAAA!

No not really! Not sure why people are so annoyed about getting it late but whatever, lol

So ive just got my jelly bean via computer download and i gotta say its pretty nice.
Nothing groundbreaking but smooth, new odds and ends to discover lol. So far its working great will update later after i get some time on it:)

Any questions let me know and I will answer the best i can.

So is it out via Kies?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
No, you have to get the file from team uscellular and use odin to flash it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=234906

Or you can take it to your local USC store and they can install it.

I think an OTA update is going to be on the 21st.

JB is working very well. Fast smooth and iam getting better battery life, benchmark scores have increased a bit too.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorta, its the official version just not officially out yet. So yeah youre correct.

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No, you have to get the file from team uscellular and use odin to flash it. http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=234906

Or you can take it to your local USC store and they can install it.

I think an OTA update is going to be on the 21st.

JB is working very well. Fast smooth and iam getting better battery life, benchmark scores have increased a bit too.

My store has no clue. They don't have it, and wouldn't know How to do the update if they did. They're idiots. I'll wait.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

hell_on_heels

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
will it void the warranty loading it this way?

If u go into the store to do it, it won't. I would let them do it if they had a clue about it. But they don't. I'm just gonna wait. Also since it was posted on their website, it shouldn't.

o_O WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay better update,

After a few days on JB its going just fine, have yet to find any real problems and so far everything works.

Battery life seems to be worse compared to ics BUT iam still messing with settings and tweaks, i was rooted before and I dont remember what my battery life was before i rooted. So it may be on par with a stock ics setup. Signal strength dosent seem to have changed, no better no worse.
So my favorite thing is just the speed of the phone, its faster when loading things from the sd card (pictures and movies) and rarely bogs down when multitasking. Games play much smoother too!

Screenshot_2012-12-18-11-23-43.png

Screenshot_2012-10-23-23-07-12.png

Quadrant score, stock ics, rooted but no changes other then that.
Screenshot_2012-12-17-15-07-24.png

Quadrant score, stock jb, not rooted.

As for the warranty part iam not sure, in theory i would think it voids warranty since you are flashing with odin, but my device shows normal, official status and flash counter hasnt changed. So if you took the phone back they wouldnt know. Again dont quote me on that, lol.
If your worried just wait a few days and you wont have to worry.

Last edited:

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Battery life has decreased for me, likely due to Google Now, not 100% sure.

Also just found that audio in Netflix does not work after seeing the other thread on here. Audio in every other app I can think of works just fine. Have uninstalled and reinstalled it and still no audio.

Though another user on TeamUSCellular is having the same issue with a different JB ROM.

Only other thing I can think to try would be to do a factory reset, but I'm going to wait a bit before I mess with that until I am home and have some free time.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Strange, i dont have netflix so i cant check.
Since i used odin all my stuff was reset, so i did a factory reset anyway.

Ordinaryuser

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
No sound with Netflix for me either. The Netflix app was updated today but still no success. I see comments on their apps page of other S3 users losing audio after Jelly Bean update. Hopefully there is a solution soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2