After Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Update No Sound with Netflix

Nixchic1968

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting the run around from US Cellular and Netflix as well. Netflix told me to contact Samsung, but I know that is not the problem. I am disappointed that no everyone is "passing the buck." I hope this gets resolved soon. I reported the problem to US Cellular, and Netflix last week. Neither was helpful at all.

galaxys3uscell

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I called Netflix this morning and they had no record of this problem . The support person took the information and made a note in the system. I explained there are many people online that are talking about the same issue and that we have done factory reset eliminated the cache in the other memory in the program, deleted the program, reinstall the program and still to no avail. he said we did everything that he would have suggested. I believe there is some glitch in the particular phone that we all have and I have also experienced a line on my screen that appear sometimes down the right side which is removed only by taking the battery out for 5 minutes. I am trying a new phone tomorrow. Still in my 15 day warranty.

DaTower

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I talked with US Cellular support a couple days ago, and they reported that they had not heard of the issue, but the tech I was talking to also happened to own a GS3 and be a netflix member. He downloaded the app and - no sound. So they have an onsite stock device exibiting the problem. He still put the blame on netflix though...

EnderWiggin1

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,
Here is the word as of 10 minutes ago: I talked with technical support for US Cellular- they are definitely aware of the situation and have Netflix working to correct the issue. Unfortunately, they don't have any ETA on a fix yet but it's being worked on. Keep calling- the more people bring it up, the more attention it's going to get!
-Steve

PapaSkittlz

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Discovered this same problem today and ended up here searching it out. After reading all of the vicious circle phone support stories I thought I'd check out the other providers on this forum and didn't seen anyone having a problem on the S3 with Jelly Bean and Netflix. I'm leaning toward this being an issue with USCC's version of Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Not sure if it matters but my update was done via USB. Probably wouldn't hurt to put this problem on all the forums.

KrystalRavnos

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I also found this forum after doing a search for this Netflix issue. When I call, can I expect to get a lot of runaround? I've never had issues with uscc before but I am very disappointed with this update. I also can't connect to any wifi other than our home network since the update and that "wifi now" app!

Rmorton0573

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I also found this forum after doing a search for this Netflix issue. When I call, can I expect to get a lot of runaround? I've never had issues with uscc before but I am very disappointed with this update. I also can't connect to any wifi other than our home network since the update and that "wifi now" app!

As for runaround yes expect it, Netflix blames US Cellular, US Cellular blames Netflix and both blame Samsung, and Samsung blames US Cellular and Netflix. As for the wifi now app just go to app settings and uninstall wifi now updates and disable it. It is a horrible battery drain anyway.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

raijhaal

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Reloading the sw to a previous version is possible. I just did it on a customer's phone with the same issue. Netflix now works fine. Any USCC with a tech center has the ability to do this. It is simply not available over the air.

testerspyder123

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
1.> Check the Media Volume to see if the icon for Media Volume is muted or not
Setting --> Sound --> Volume

Try this solution:

Hold down the Home Button
Tap on Task Manager
Tap on Active Applications
End applications one after the other

Check now if the Media Volume is muted

Its some application (Game, etc) which if used to mute, holds the Media volume and does not allow the user to un-mute it

Attachments

• Media_Volume.png
    Media_Volume.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 100

Kokocat

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Tried it. It does not solve the problem.

Everyone - call US Cellular Tech Support. The more that call, the more likely and sooner this will get fixed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20