Phone will not boot-up

iMarrk

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I went into factory reset and reset it and it still won't load. Tried using Odin and going to the original firmware and still nothing.

When in Download mode it says this at the top:

Product Name: SCH-A530U
Custom Binary Download: Yes (11 counts)
Current Binary: Custom
System Status: Official
Qualcomm Secureboot: Enable
Unsuport dev_type

Also this is what is said when I try and put the original firmware on Odin

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

It just won't work. Please help.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
It seems like you were flashing custom stuff, due to the 11 counts for custom binary. Were you rooting or installing custom roms? What got it to this point? Why is it not booting? I need to know a little more before I can really figure out why it's doing this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

iMarrk

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I tried doing the 4.2.2 jelly bean update which failed so then I tried to do the original firmware and the same thing happened. I got that many counts because of how many times I tried putting the original firmware back on. I also whiped the phone in recovery mode thinking that'd work.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait a minute, there isn't a 4.2.2 update. There isn't even one for the galaxy s3 i9300 yet, so there's no way there's an official stock update available for the us cellular model. You probably installed the wrong file or something, which caused a failed install and ultimately corruption. Whatever custom thing you were trying to install caused a failure for update, and corrupted the system probably. Your best bet is to flash everything stock in Odin, from the original factory rom to recoveries and that sort. Get it back to stock, that's your best bet. Make sure whatever you are installing though is for your specific device, and not one like the international model.

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I just checked your Odin thing as well, you flashed an i9300 file. That explains everything. I'm surprised your phone isn't totally bricked, your lucky. Just flash everything back to stock like I said, from the official rom to even recovery

Nimster

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried to flash my sch-a530u with Odin using the wrong firmware and now I'm stuck on the Firmware upgrade ancountered an issure. please select recovery mode in kies & try again.
Kies will not connect to the phone and now I don't know what to do.

Is there a way you can send me the official stock ? would that even help or am I hopeless ?

Please help :(

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. If you can boot into download mode (hold volume up, power, and the home button), then I can help you. Otherwise, if the phone is completely jammed, the wonderful people at mobile tech videos can help you here: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/. If you can boot into download mode, use the latest version of Odin and select your stock file with the pda option. Make sure you have f reset selected, and one other default one, I can't remember. Check nothing else except the defaults, and f reset unless it's already selected. Once that's done, hit start and everything should go smoothly. To get your stock file, Google galaxy s3 sch a530u back to stock. I'm sure you will find a YouTube video with a link to the stock rom, and probably instructions on how to install it. I would link it, but I'm on my phone and not my computer at the moment. Good luck to you

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i need help my phone wont boot up it was rooted and i tried downloading a rom now it wont turn on please help i have no clue

Did you try booting into recovery or download mode? If you can get into either one of those then you'll be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Craig Rogers

Banned
Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
i need help my phone wont boot up it was rooted and i tried downloading a rom now it wont turn on please help i have no clue

You might have downloaded a rom for another device, that's really bad. Things happen, I've wrecked a galaxy s3 by doing the same thing late at night. If you can get into recovery (volume up, power, home button) or download mode (I believe volume down, home, power button) you should be fine. However, I'm assuming your phone will not be able to get into any one of these seeing it won't turn on. I believe I have already posted this in this thread, but if you can not boot into either download or recovery mode (if you can I will be happy to walk you through the process of fixing your phone) the people at mobile tech videos can help you here http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/ for a fee. I believe it's 50 dollars, but it's a lot better than hundreds for a new device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21