Kies doesn't recognize my device

idkmorgann

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
My U.S. Cellular S3 has recently been restarting by itself on random moments. I've read online that I should restore the factory settings, so I've been trying to use Windows' Kies to backup my files, but it hasn't been recognizing my device. I tried re-installing the software twice now, and the only thing that realizes I have a phone plugged in is my computer itself. I also heard that Kies does not support U.S. Cellular phones, so maybe that is the problem? Does anyone have suggestions on how to fix Kies? Or any other FREE backup/restoring softwares for Windows? Also, do the workers at U.S. Cellular have backup/restoring programs that I could just have them help?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
There are backup apps like Titanium on the Play Store. I don't see why Keis wouldn't work, though. Did you install the Samsung Android drivers?

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

AriehBen Dovid

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Be sure you are running new kies program, after kies is up and running plug in your s3. then get into dev options enable usb debugging. then launch kies and let it do it's thing. if you have rooted your going to have to follow proper step to flash original ROM/backup. try that..

iHackPro

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Is your phone rooted and/or ROM'd? If so, Kies won't recognize your device. If not, did you have Samsung USB drivers installed before Kies? Look in your Control Panel and uninstall both, then install Kies.

Meomix

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
In order to make Kies see your device this works with Samsung Galaxy Tab SC-01C devices and above.
Depending on how latest your device is install Kies or Kies 3,
Enable USB debugging at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
Connect your device to your computer
Wait for Microsoft to recognize your device and install the drivers
Open up Kies
Kies will say that it doesn't support this connection option, disconnect your device and go and disable USB debugging
Connect your device again
Wait for Microsoft to install and recognize your device again
Your computer will now be able to view your device
Open up Kies
Kies will try to connect to your device but will be stuck at "connecting" disconnect your device and click on the "Troubleshoot connection error" button,
Wait for the process to complete
You can now use your device with Kies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa