Locked out of phone

Malekial Belden

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
So i restarted my phone like i usually do at least once a week, and when it started, I was locked out. On the lock screen it says double tap and slide. I was finally able to get to my home screen only to be faced with the same problem. And thats where im at now. i cant switch pages and home/back/menu buttons dont work. But if i hold down home button, the app switcher comes up but cant click anything. Im able to take screen shots still by pushing home+power button too. my live wallpaper and clock running just fine. And I can hold power button down but cant restart or anything. Its like everything is working fine, but I cant push buttons or open anything. I cant think what I might have done. Im not rooted yet, and im pretty good with these things, but this is pissing me off. On a final note, there is a small, narrow, box around the dropdown menu. Was gonna send a screenshot, but when i connected to my comp, my device no longer shows up. This kind of has me worried. Hope someone can help, and thanks in advance.

I just realized that i can double tap on anything and it will work. I need to 2 Tap and hold to change screens, open an app, or anything. Did I change a setting somewhere?

Last edited:

Malekial Belden

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I was just about to do that actually, but I finally got it figured out. Somehow, Talkback was on in my settings. As soon as I turned that off, I was good to go. IDK why it was on, but its all good. Thx for the response Josiah. This thread can be closed

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital