Galaxy S3: Phone shutting off by itself

April Collins

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S3 has just recently shutting itself off all by itself. This has happened twice in the past 3 days. I have to
actually take the battery out and reinsert it, and it comes on fine. I've only had this phone since August of 2013.
Anyone know of what may be causing this issue? Thank you:-\

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone shutting off by itself

My Samsung Galaxy S3 has just recently shutting itself off all by itself. This has happened twice in the past 3 days. I have to
actually take the battery out and reinsert it, and it comes on fine. I've only had this phone since August of 2013.
Anyone know of what may be causing this issue? Thank you:-\

Might just be the battery. Seems to be a pretty common issue. Call Samsung or your carrier and ask for a replacement :)

Posted via Android Central App

treetopfolk

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I noticed you had also posted on the 3rd about your phone getting hot, teamed up with this problem I agree that it is probably a battery issue. But it could also be software related. What the other commenter on your "back getting hot" post said about the service signal is definitely one option. I would just advise you to download an app called ThermoCF. It keeps an eye on your battery temperature. If it exceeds 113F I would definitely take it into a US Cellular store and have someone look at it, most preferably a technician.
Good luck!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

I would just advise you to download an app called ThermoCF.
Could you provide a link? I can't find an app by that name in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Could you provide a link? I can't find an app by that name in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

I'm pretty sure GSam keeps track of the temperature too. I couldn't find ThermoCF either

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty