1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3: Phone shutting off by itself

My Samsung Galaxy S3 has just recently shutting itself off all by itself. This has happened twice in the past 3 days. I have to
    actually take the battery out and reinsert it, and it comes on fine. I've only had this phone since August of 2013.
    Anyone know of what may be causing this issue? Thank you
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-08-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Default Re: Phone shutting off by itself

Quote Originally Posted by April Collins View Post
    My Samsung Galaxy S3 has just recently shutting itself off all by itself. This has happened twice in the past 3 days. I have to
    actually take the battery out and reinsert it, and it comes on fine. I've only had this phone since August of 2013.
    Anyone know of what may be causing this issue? Thank you
    Might just be the battery. Seems to be a pretty common issue. Call Samsung or your carrier and ask for a replacement

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
    Thanked by:

Hello, I noticed you had also posted on the 3rd about your phone getting hot, teamed up with this problem I agree that it is probably a battery issue. But it could also be software related. What the other commenter on your "back getting hot" post said about the service signal is definitely one option. I would just advise you to download an app called ThermoCF. It keeps an eye on your battery temperature. If it exceeds 113F I would definitely take it into a US Cellular store and have someone look at it, most preferably a technician.
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by treetopfolk View Post
    I would just advise you to download an app called ThermoCF.
    Could you provide a link? I can't find an app by that name in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    5,581 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.2 Build 3

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Could you provide a link? I can't find an app by that name in the Google Play Store.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    I'm pretty sure GSam keeps track of the temperature too. I couldn't find ThermoCF either

Posted via Android Central App
    Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think

R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever