Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Lost my sound for video on Samsung Galaxy S3!!! Please help!

All of a sudden (after downloading the Netflix app) I have no sound on my Samsung Galaxy S3 for video only. I still hear music and still can get sound for other games (Simpson's Tapped Out), but when I play a video, it has no sound. I've tried to clear cache in manual reboot mode, but it doesn't help. Can anyone help me out?

Default Re: Lost my sound for video on Samsung Galaxy S3!!! Please help!

Can you get sound from YouTube, or other streaming services?
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Can you get sound from YouTube, or other streaming services?
    Yes, I can get YouTube, but not Netflix

Does the Netflix app have its own volume settings? I took a quick look through recent comments in the Google Play Store and didn't see anything about this problem.

Silly question here, but if you press the Volume rocker in either direction, and then press the gear icon at the right of the volume level, are all of the Volume sliders turned up?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have everything turned up except notifications, because I didn't want my phone beeping or anything every time I got an email, which is frequently, but all others are on. Also, netflix does have it's own volume and that is up and not muted. I also checked on the app reviews and didn't see anything like that, but I have seen the problem with the Galaxy losing sound and sometimes video, but haven't round a fix to my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Does the Netflix app have its own volume settings? I took a quick look through recent comments in the Google Play Store and didn't see anything about this problem.

Silly question here, but if you press the Volume rocker in either direction, and then press the gear icon at the right of the volume level, are all of the Volume sliders turned up?http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/6utesa2y.jpg

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro