Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

After upgrading to 4.3, I was pleased to find you can mark e-mail read from the notification bar.

For some reason, this suddenly stopped working, and reverted to the old style without the extra options. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: 4.3 Expanded Notifications Not Working

Even i am facing the same problem...can anyone help me how to fix this issue???
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithbits View Post
    After upgrading to 4.3, I was pleased to find you can mark e-mail read from the notification bar.

For some reason, this suddenly stopped working, and reverted to the old style without the extra options. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

Which email app are you using?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Which email app are you using?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I'm using multiple e-mail devices: Gmail, CloudMagic, Touchdown.

Odly, just the other day, the extra features randomly appeared and started working for a few hours, then dissapeared again.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbits View Post
    this suddenly stopped working, and reverted to the old style without the extra options.
    So are you not seeing the email notifications at all, or there's just no option to mark them as read?

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    So are you not seeing the email notifications at all, or there's just no option to mark them as read?

The standard e-mail notifications appear, but there is no option to "Mark read", or "Archive" from the notification panel. When it works, you can just click those to mark them read or archive them, without opening your e-mail client. Without them, touching the notification opens your e-mail client and displays the e-mail. If you clear everything, then they all come back whenever you get a new notification. Opening the e-mail client to view the e-mail, instead of just marking it read, is a much slower process.

Same problem here. It seems to have something to do with the number of other notifications also showing. Even though there is still plenty of room on the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app