Galaxy S3 stuck at boot with Avatar ROM

garydtee

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
I'm very new to this, but equally excited to learn. i just successfully rooted my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 schr530 and attempted to flash the Avatar ROM. Everything starts up fine, but then I am stuck on the Avatar boot image. the only way i can turn the phone off is to take out the battery, but when i reboot it is the same image. Can anyone please assist me? In advance, I apologize if i've been repetitive in my question, but i have tried everything i have found on these forums and i can't seem to get it to boot up correctly. Please advice, I am admit tingly getting frantic over this. thank you.
gt

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try a fresh download of the ROM, and try again. Otherwise, use your Nandroid and get back up and running.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
just successfully rooted my US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 schr530 and attempted to flash the Avatar ROM.
Does the phone still boot into Recovery mode? If not, does it boot into Download mode?

If it boots into Recovery mode you can try reloading the ROM you mentioned (be sure it's the correct version for your model). Or pick a different custom ROM just to be sure your process is correct. When switching ROMs you want to be sure to wipe system, data, cache and Dalvik cache before flashing the new ROM.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk