Kitkat upgrade today - can't turn on wifi anymore!

AAYSIAN_BOY

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Could u tell me if the bugs from 4.3 are fixed in 4.4.2.when I was 4.1.2 my battery was great then when I updated to android 4.3 there was a bug with the battery, where it would drain alot faster Im still on 4.3 and wondering i update to android 4.4.2 will it fix my problem.there are also problems with the music where it will randomly pause my music and I can't play it unless I get out then clear it from my recent then get back on. I hope u get this. :)

andrcom

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I got the push early friday (june 27th 2014). I figured as in past never know when or why they arrive but I did not think anything negative would come of it. Since I ran the update phone has been inconsistent and gmail has had sync errors. Quite upset and cant believe of all things the gmail is now not working.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Since I ran the update phone has been inconsistent and gmail has had sync errors.
If you have ANY issues following an OTA update there are two things you should do before deciding that the update is flawed:
1. Boot into Recovery mode and clear the system cache
2. If that doesn't make any difference, perform a Factory Reset (obviously this will wipe all of your data so be sure you have made a backup of anything you consider important - Kies is a great tool for this)

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

kalojado

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I were both having wifi issues on our recently updated Galaxy Note 2's. It wasnt greyed out but would rather say we were connected but not be able to go actually use the internet. After talking to verizon they ended up sending her a new phone that works. Now today my phone started doing the same thing as hers had did. I was messing around in the router settings and accidentally turned off WPS(which should have probably been off anyways) and to my surprise it started working and is still working. Could just be a coincidence, but my accident totally worked so I thought I would share. Try to get to your router settings and turn off WPS... good luck!

EDIT: It did work for about a day and then went out again.For some reason each time I turn WPS on or off it starts working. Not ideal but its working again for now...

Last edited:

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So how did usc closing shop here in Chicago affect current customers? Did u guys notice any improvement to us cellular?

Sent from my T-Mobile Z730 using Tapatalk (Central n Ohio Austin IL)

SRASC

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Encountered this issue last night. Android 4.4.2 on a Galaxy S5. Updated and wifi is now grayed out and can't be turned on. Tried:

Restarting
Clearing cache
Resetting
Checking through apps
Etc

& still no go. Any other suggestions?

taicman

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
any one can help
my note 3 wifi gray out
cannot switch on and scan
i did factory reset - still do not work
and I root it still and still not work
please help
sm 9005 with odin3 1.85 root

Android_Savior

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
It happened with many of us. Simple and effective solution is to downgrade the upgrade/update to previous one.
Step 1 > Factory Reset
Step 2 > Download a firmware from sammobile.com
Step 3 > Flash it with latest Odin.

Reboot.

Wi-fi must be working!!

Enjoy :)

dennishsnyder

Dec 7, 2014
Visit site
"I have the same problem. Wifi is greyed out, and won't stay on or register any sources. If you hit "Advanaced" options, the "On" switch turns green in the background, but it doesn't change anything, Tried rebooting, removing battery, removing and replacing sim card, etc. Nothing has worked yet. Without wifi, my phone is useless. Hope someone figures something out."

I contacted Verizon and had it out with them. They tried everything I told them that I did and they are sending me a new handset. If that one has a bricked WiFi then I'm just going to ask for a different handset. I am not happy about it. I love the Note 3 but I gotta have WiFi.

Wiped Cache
Factory Reset
Safe Mode Boot
Pulled the SIM card, reinsert
Pulled SD card (in case it's corrupting)
Got Pissed
Drank Beer

J Tamati

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi im from NZ and had the same problem....wat I did was go into settings thn into wifi and swipe to turn on....az it was turning on I pulled the battery out straight away. Put battery back in turn on and wifi was working hope this helps

wifi_problems

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi im from NZ and had the same problem....wat I did was go into settings thn into wifi and swipe to turn on....az it was turning on I pulled the battery out straight away. Put battery back in turn on and wifi was working hope this helps

I registered just to say thank you and encourage others to try this. On the surface it seems like a coincident, but it somehow works. I had tried everything suggested here to no avail until I tried your suggestion.

L3a_B3rt1n3

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
I tried everything mencioned here and nothing worked. I lost all my texts and contacts. I could only backup photos and other media. Wifi still won't turn on, so I can't restore anything. My phone is probably as good as dead :(
Can anyone help?

rizzitelli

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I did the following after nothing worked:

1. turn off the phone
2. Boot into Recovery mode
3. perform a Factory Reset (backup before reset!!)
4. clear the system cache

So far so good. But it still didn't work until I did the following:

I started the phone and skipped all questions of the wizard, in other words I didn't switch on wifi, no google account, no samsung account, I switched off any internet connection so that the phone couldnt connect to any server or whatever. Then I switched off "Software-Update" in Settings - Device info - Software update.

After that I started WiFi and up to now it works. After connecting via Wifi I started to register with google and downloaded all apps.

Hope that helps!:p

NavinDS

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem today i reflashed the firmware and connected to my wifi when asked during setup procedure. If not my wifi would not switch on when i tried use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC