Why won't my phone ring during incoming calls?

psco2017

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I recently bought the Axon 7 Mini, and no matter what i tried I could not get my phone to ring with my ringtone.
I called ZTE customer svce, andwile hey were pleasant they did not help ( 5 different reps)!

I finally stumbled upon the solution -Settings>All settings> Myvoice> Scroll down to no caller id reader and voice control.
In my case, The top box was checked and was preventing my ringtone..
I checked the bottom one (NO CALLER ID READER AND VOICE CONTROL).

My incoming ringtone now works properly

Attachments

• AXON RINGTONE SOLUTION.jpg
    AXON RINGTONE SOLUTION.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 97

psco2017

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Psco2017 - You are a lifesaver!
I was ready to trash this phone and you are right- ZTE reps are useless.
All they wanted me to do was a factory reset.
BTW - you can't get to that setting in apps.
You have to click the app icon on System Tools.
Thanks again.
I don't know how that setting changed, but I'm glad I found you.
Should have known that anyone with psco in their ID is super-intelligent. LOL
Mine is aTVlso psco but with a 2007.
I'm new to this forum.
Sorry if my reply is in wrong place.

psco2017

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
Psco2017 - You are a lifesaver!
I was ready to trash this phone and you are right- ZTE reps are useless.
All they wanted me to do was a factory reset.
BTW - you can't get to that setting in apps.
You have to click the app icon on System Tools.
Thanks again.
I don't know how that setting changed, but I'm glad I found you.
Should have known that anyone with psco in their ID is super-intelligent. LOL
Mine is aTVlso psco but with a 2007.
I'm new to this forum.
Sorry if my reply is in wrong place.

Click Voice Control (in System Tools) scroll to botton and check "No Voice Control".
This will restore your ringtone.

Doug Forguson

Sep 14, 2017
Visit site
I've been fighting this for a couple of weeks on my S7 Edge and I just figured it out. It is a malware issue - Google malware. The ring tones I set in my ring tones folder are still there - they just aren't accessible anymore. Apparently there is now a logical "My Drive" that is the only storage accessible. About sick of Google being so invasive. You guys don't need to see every file I own or touch. A little too big brother for my taste. Please back off and let me manage the files I put on my own device. If you want to own my phone then rent it to me instead of selling it. I don't want my ring tone files in the cloud managed by you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you seeing this "My Drive"? Is this when you're trying to select a ringtone? If so, does the interface seem different? That can happen if you mistakenly choose a 3rd party file manager app when the phone asks you how you want to look for ringtones.

If you use My Files (or any other file manager app), go to the root directory -- is there still a /Ringtones directory? If so, are you saving your custom ringtones there?

itali79

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Same exact thing here. I'm on a stock pixel XL and the only thing I can think of is that my Waze app has been locking out Google Assistant for months up until a recent update. Going to try uninstalling it.