Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Faithbits
  • 1 Post By Faithbits
  • 1 Post By Steelo27
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why won't my phone ring during incoming calls?

Can't get phone to ring. It just vibrates. I've tried everything I can think of:

• Volume is turned up for all settings (ringtone, music/videos/game, notifications, and system).

• I selected a ringtone, not silent.

• Blocking is not on during the time of day the phone won't ring. (Also tried turning it completely off, to no avail)

• Accessibility does not have "turn off all sounds" checked

• All other sounds work fine, including ringtones when you are selecting them, just not when you have an incoming call

• Tried multiple different ringtones

Can't seem to find anything more to check or change. Completely frustrated.
    Anything else that might work?

Default Re: Why won't my phone ring during incoming calls?

Are you rooted? Do you have any app installed that has access to the Dialer?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Are you rooted? Do you have any app installed that has access to the Dialer?

Try booting into Recovery Mode and clearing the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.
    Thanks for your effort B. Diddy. The phone is not rooted. Cleared cache partition, but problem persists. The only apps I'm aware of that have access to the dialer, are Groove IP, and Ring.to. Checked every setting in those apps as well, and can't find anything that changes the result.
    Martin Skiver likes this.

Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is causing issues--try uninstalling GrooveIP and/or Ring.to. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then there's probably something wrong with the firmware. Safe Mode instructions at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S3 | T-Mobile Support
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Try booting into Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is causing issues--try uninstalling GrooveIP and/or Ring.to. If the problem persists in Safe Mode, then there's probably something wrong with the firmware. Safe Mode instructions at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S3 | T-Mobile Support
    Thanks for this information. This sounds like exactly what I need. The only problem is that I use VOIP for the phone, and don't even have a phone contract. 3rd party apps are the only way I can receive incoming calls. If I uninstall them, then I can't receive in coming calls at all.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for this information. This sounds like exactly what I need. The only problem is that I use VOIP for the phone, and don't even have a phone contract. 3rd party apps are the only way I can receive incoming calls. If I uninstall them, then I can't receive in coming calls at all.

Have you set the ringtone within Settings of each app that you use?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by GTWalling View Post
    Have you set the ringtone within Settings of each app that you use?
    Good thought. Yes, the ringtone has been set within the individual apps.

I had the same problem. I turned the phone off, removed the battery, waited about 15 seconds, reinstalled the battery. When I turned the phone back on the problem was fixed.

I am not receiving incoming calls

Can'T take battery out of s6?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbits View Post
    Can't get phone to ring. It just vibrates. I've tried everything I can think of:

• Volume is turned up for all settings (ringtone, music/videos/game, notifications, and system).

• Blocking is not on during the time of day the phone won't ring. (Also tried turning it completely off, to no avail)

• All other sounds work fine, including ringtones when you are selecting them, just not when you have an incoming call

I'm having the exact same issue with this POS V10... Absolutely cannot get any ringtone whether it be downloaded or the stock ringtones to play a sound. All settings have been check triple checked and checked again. Nothing and I mean nothing makes this phone ring. So completely randomly every now and then but very seldom a call will come through and it will actually play my ringtone. But this is completely random and there is no Rhyme or Reason to it is there a fix for this or do I need to toss this phone in the garbage.
    ksschlosser likes this.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Sorry to hear that. Just wanted to do a follow-up. I've since moved on to an LG G3. Never did figure out the problem with the Galaxy S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithbits View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy Eik View Post
    I am not receiving incoming calls

Try to uninstall any third-party applications that change ringtones
    And
    Set the incoming ringtone to the original default one.
    if this not work try to disable "call blocker" in your antivirus.

I'm having the same problem! and also my alarm will not sound either now. I have an LG. Going into the safe mode worked for my alarm. Thank you!

SAME exact problem here too, I have an LG.

Post Re: Why won't my phone ring during incoming calls?

I was suffering this problem from last month. At first only LOUD profile was active, Now every profile has the same problem. No ring tone no vibration - only screening the incoming call.
    Solution: after huge research in 'sound and notification' , interruptions i got nothing. The finding is : my 'Phone ringtone' for both SIM was set to one MP3 file which is not present in my device. I think this happens due to malware. I changed them to another sound and it is now functioning. Go: Setting> Sound & Notification> here is some profiles and at the right side one wheel sign, click on it> 3rd line is 'Phone ringtone' enter there and select SIM 1 set ringtone, again select SIM2 and set ring tone.
    .................................................................................Solved. All profile is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by joinrubel View Post
    I was suffering this problem from last month. At first only LOUD profile was active, Now every profile has the same problem. No ring tone no vibration - only screening the incoming call.
    Solution: after huge research in 'sound and notification' , interruptions i got nothing. The finding is : my 'Phone ringtone' for both SIM was set to one MP3 file which is not present in my device. I think this happens due to malware. I changed them to another sound and it is now functioning. Go: Setting> Sound & Notification> here is some profiles and at the right side one wheel sign, click on it> 3rd line is 'Phone ringtone' enter there and select SIM 1 set ringtone, again select SIM2 and set ring tone.
    .................................................................................Solved. All profile is activated.
    Thank you!! This worked for me too!!