We need Root! Oh and Roms wouldn't hurt either.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Unless of course we're scheduled to get Ice Cream Sandwich then I'll be fine with that.

Do I have to become a Dev? If so someone needs to donate a laptop to me. Lmao

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk

skitzi

May 16, 2010
Visit site
We have root and a custom Rom:

To root your stock phone: Htc Evo Design 4g & Hero S Discussion Thread - xda-developers

To flash a rom or recovery you need to unlock your bootloader via HTCDEV.com

The only custom rom available that I know of. I made it so I am biased, but I think it's pretty awesome: (ROM | Updated 1/6/12) SkitziPak for HeroS on U.S. Celular - Vaelek's Place

Let me know if you have any questions

Edit:
Oh, I did read that we are supposed to get the ICS update but no time frame.

Reactions: joshua.worth

skitzi

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Your right, I went back looking and it does only say the Design 4g.

The phones are the same hardware so I hope that if nothing else porting it over will be easy.

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yes hopefully that just forgot to mention us but if ported is how it has to be then porting it is.

Good work by the way just looked over the Xda thread and your links.

I'm not rooting until we find out about ICS though I'm just tired of flashing back and forth no Rom is ever good enough.

Plus I figured out we have Screenshots from the factory. Hold the power button briefly and hit the home button :D

sent from my HTC Kingdom

Android_16

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
getting the message "wrong image" when in bootloader trying to flash back to stock on us c hero s using the ph44img.zip. Any suggestions? extra info; it starts to load the ph44img.zip file with a little blue progress bar to the side then after it loads through that then it says wrong image file and stops the process.

JOSS44

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone I am new to this forum I'm from Dominican Republic I have a desing evo 4g and up the next problem I have here I use it in gsm orange and I can not share the internet from mobile data plan that is tied to the applications of ssprint not Asher and able to modify and eliminate them root those applications ssprint and used all the super tool I wonder if their models have no such limitations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress