Official ICS from USCC?

robthomps82

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Will there be an official ICS update? I'm thinking maybe towards the end of the year? I know the EVO Design 4G is exactly like the Hero S(But w/o 4G) and It's getting ICS official soon...Im not sure about rooting b/c I'm afraid I'll brick my phone.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Android Central Forums

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Will there be an official ICS update? I'm thinking maybe towards the end of the year? I know the EVO Design 4G is exactly like the Hero S(But w/o 4G) and It's getting ICS official soon...Im not sure about rooting b/c I'm afraid I'll brick my phone.

It's hard telling anyone who says otherwise is just speculating.

I'd say if your possibly interested in rooting do a lot of studying in this and other forums and be sure of yourself prior to do anything.

Hero S ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

robthomps82

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am interested in rooting, bit I would like to keep a backup of the entire state of my phone currently, in case something goes awry...

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I am interested in rooting, bit I would like to keep a backup of the entire state of my phone currently, in case something goes awry...

In order to root you would have to unlock the bootloader via htcdev.com first which would erase all of your current data.

Hero S ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

robthomps82

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok thanks...are the steps that you mentioned in a previous thread complete? Including how to back up my current state?

joshua.worth

Android Guru
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok thanks...are the steps that you mentioned in a previous thread complete? Including how to back up my current state?

You cannot back up the current state and I don't believe I've posted a complete walk through on this site but there are others Google Search is your friend or PM me for links

End Carrier Madness Vote with Your Wallet!