Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Security Update resulted in the red triangle w/exclamation pt

So, I got a message on my phone tonight saying there was a HTC security update available. I downloaded it and it went to install. I wasn't watching it, but went to check on it and there is now a grayed android phone icon with a red triangle and an exclamation point. I can't do anything. None of the buttons work and i can't power it down (i haven't tried pulling the battery). I have Gingerbread installed and it's not rooted.

Any ideas on what I can do? I tried looking online and couldn't really find anything for the Merge.

Hoping this isn't bricked.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: HTC Security Update resulted in the red triangle w/exclamatio

OK. Never mind. I finally figured it out and went into Android Recovery (power button + volume up) and rebooted. I saw on that screen that the update had aborted. Not sure why though. All is good now.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

did you ever get the system update to apply?

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Not here. My wife and I both have the Merge, tried the updates several weeks apart, and had the same experience.
    Samsung Galaxy S3

The same thing happened to me, and I didn't see the notice again until a couple days ago. Ran it this time and it worked fine. I assume they pulled the first release and re-released it when it was fixed.