Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any way to remove sense?

I recently purchased my HTC merge. Is there anyway to remove sense from it? Currently I'm using a gingerbread launcher, but the lockscreen and notifications bug me. It's either hopefully someone else can make it or I'm going to have to teach myself Rom development. xD

Sent from my HTC Merge using Tapatalk.

Root and load a senseless rom. I used to run cm7 on my incredible.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by trunks527 View Post
    Root and load a senseless rom. I used to run cm7 on my incredible.

Easier said than done, where do I find the roms for this device?

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Default Re: Any way to remove sense?

I would recommend XDA Developers but unfortunately they dont even have a section for your phone. I did notice that the HTC Merge is not on one of the 4 major U.S. carriers which is probably why. However, all is not lost as I found a thread on rooting the HTC Merge, probably not a lot of options for ROMs but there is the link....

xda-developers - View Single Post - [Q] HTC Merge Rooting and Custom Recovery

Now if you really want to try something else first, I would suggest downloading the GO EX Launcher from the Android Marketplace. HTC Sense will still be running in the background but it I noticed it consumes a lot less RAM when using the GO Launcher (~600Mb compared to ~800Mb on my device). There are also plenty of lock screens to choose from in the marketplace as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyRory View Post
    Easier said than done, where do I find the roms for this device?

Rom manager is your friend. Root via unrevoked.