Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Default Exclusive: HTC Merge hands-on

As the kids today say, "boom."

Hands-on with the HTC Merge

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Why would this be better then the droid2 world edition that is supposed to be out at about the same time?

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Why Bing? I was waiting on a HTC qwerty phone.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

As someone who is contemplating getting an Android phone (coming from a Storm 1) do I need to be concerned that this phone only has 2 GB of internal storage (I think I read that the amount left after the OS and bloat is only a little over 300 MB)

It's better than the Droid because the keyboard is much better.

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

What about the concern re: Gingerbread and the amount of internal storage?

Quote Originally Posted by marckatz View Post
    What about the concern re: Gingerbread and the amount of internal storage?
    Agreed.

I totally would get this device if I didn't know that Android 3.0 is right around the corner. It'd would have been nice if this was the first 4" 3.0 qwerty slider device. I would pay Verizon's ETF for that.

Global Posts
    794 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Any word if this is the same Sense 2.2 on the HTC Desire HD?

Just wondering...will this phone be able to use the future LTE connection?

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EggoEspada View Post
    Any word if this is the same Sense 2.2 on the HTC Desire HD?
    According to what I've read and saw the unit tested ran Sense 2.1. It will not be LTE compatible but remember LTE won't be fully rolled out until 2012. There will be even greater phones out by then!

Why would this be better then the droid2 world edition that is supposed to be out at about the same time?
    have you ever actually tried to type on a droid 2 keyboard? i will be choosing between the two, but right now the choice for me is clearly the htc.

i think some smart folks will figure out how to un-bing it very quickly. in fact i'm counting on that.

tis true, supposedly gingerbread will require a 1.0 ghz processor.

Default sux

According to what I've read and saw the unit tested ran Sense 2.1. It will not be LTE compatible but remember LTE won't be fully rolled out until 2012. There will be even greater phones out by then!

hmmm, ok then i guess, thank you

who can we call to find out if this will support gingerbread...we must know

Quote Originally Posted by dominicanyorkjl View Post
    who can we call to find out if this will support gingerbread...we must know
    There are several blogs that reported what Android 3.0 will require. While they are mostly rumors, it seems like an appropriate measure by Google.

I'm planning on waiting until the holiday season to see what's coming up. Hopefully they'll come out with a LTE 4" QWERTY slider w/ wolrd phone capabilities and a front facing camera before my contract is up (10/2011)

So this phone isn't sporting a front facing camera? I thought it was originally supposed to?

Just listen to the latest AC podcast, and they all seem to perfer the HTC Merge ove the Droid Pro. But after reading most of your post i'm concerned about not being able to upgrade to Gingerbread when it comes out. The Mereg seems to be a better phone, but lacks the processor strength to upgrade. Buy on the other hand i dont want to be saddled down with a year old phone model, even if the hardware is new.

If you really read about this chip, you'll discover that this 800mhz is actually faster than many of the current 1ghz chips. This is the same chip and same speed that is in the new G2 and I can't imagine that it won't accept Gingerbread. As for typing on the Droid 2 keyboard, it's dreadful. I love my droid but motorola cannot make keyboards.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by aarons12 View Post
    tis true, supposedly gingerbread will require a 1.0 ghz processor.
    that is incorrect. google has commented on this and stated that the 1 Ghz requirement was a false rumor. they did not specify what the requirements would be but they made sure that cleared up that rumor real fast.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    that is incorrect. google has commented on this and stated that the 1 Ghz requirement was a false rumor. they did not specify what the requirements would be but they made sure that cleared up that rumor real fast.
    The only requirement I've heard is that YOU have to buy one
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    The only requirement I've heard is that YOU have to buy one
    This could be upgrade worthy for me, Cory haha. Time will tell.

ROM
    ICS

so does this have a 4.3" screen or is it 3.8" is it 800mhz or 1ghz? now droid dog is saying IT IS 1 ghz. i wish the official specs would come out! if it was 4.3" this would be perfect for my parents!

ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    so does this have a 4.3" screen or is it 3.8" is it 800mhz or 1ghz? now droid dog is saying IT IS 1 ghz. i wish the official specs would come out! if it was 4.3" this would be perfect for my parents!
    All I've ever seen is that it has 3.8" screen and is 800MHz. I'm thinking the 1GHz on DroidDog was a typo as the only place I saw it was in reference to the Hands-on Video here at AndroidCentral.

ROM
    ICS

this would have been an awsome phone if it had a 4.3'' display! packed with a kb and sense? would have been a huge winner for new android users. too bad they shrunk it down to 3.7"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast