How much?

DroidEye22

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
So how much will this phone cost off contract, my dad broke my Eris like 2 weeks after he activated it (I was sad) so he's looking for a new phone and after I showed him the lexikon he said he wanted it, so how much do you think off contract.

aaronbwells

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
By bet would be at least $500. Probably Around $600. I would just extend the contract to get the discount. I'm looking at the Merge/ Lexicon, too.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Pardon my ignorance, but how do I extend my contract.

if you have a 2 year contract you can early upgrade a year into your current contract. its like starting a brand new contract after 1 year of your current contract. they charge you like 20$-30 to do this i think.

wffjr3782

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
So how much will this phone cost off contract, my dad broke my Eris like 2 weeks after he activated it (I was sad) so he's looking for a new phone and after I showed him the lexikon he said he wanted it, so how much do you think off contract.

if you call verizon they offer a certified pre owned Eris with no contract for $169

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
if you have a 2 year contract you can early upgrade a year into your current contract. its like starting a brand new contract after 1 year of your current contract. they charge you like 20$-30 to do this i think.

You can only do this if your line qualifies.

Secondary lines (9.99 ad a lines) and basic plans (Nationwide talk 45 or Nationwide family talk 700) don't qualify for annual upgrades.

So if you're the primary line on any Nationwide Talk and Text, you can upgrade after a year, everyone else has to go the 20 months unless there is a promotion going on that lets them upgrade early (there isn't one currently)

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Retail is typically $500-600 for higher end phones, I would expect this to be $459-500 range since it is mid-range.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Retail is typically $500-600 for higher end phones, I would expect this to be $459-500 range since it is mid-range.

i don't think the merge will be considered mid-range. if it is basically the same device as the g2 then i feel that it will be one of their top of the line phones along with the fascinate and droid pro (once that releases). i could be wrong but i don't know of any other high end phones that are going to be released by the end of the year that will be better than it. i guess we will find out once it gets closer to release

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Its considered a mid range device, I would expect retail around $500 range. Contract price $199-249, but I am hoping for a nice intro price of $149 range with MIR (which everyone hates and I will go to BB and get mine).

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Where do you keep getting this "midrange device" stuff from, man? Its fast as hell, records in 720p, and has a 3.7 inch screen. Are posting from the future where phones run on 25nm dual core chips or something?

It will most likely be 560 off contract, and 199 on contract, Why would it be 249 if its midrange? No Verizon Droid phone has cost that much on contract, with the exception of the limited edition D2 which comes with a dock and headphones. Why would this one-which according to you, is "midrange", cost that much? None of what you are saying is making any sense.

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
The Merge is a midrange device? Wow! that's news to me. I didn't know vzw made low or even midrange world phones. Must be some new thing vzw is doing. Either that, or you don't believe everything you hear on the internet.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Midrange is how the merge has been mentioned, written about and stated as it place in the Verizon line up. It has nothing to do with its speed, but it does with the specs. Display 3.7/3.8 (depending on who is right) vs. 4.3 display, available RAM 512 vs. 748, camera 5mp (single LED flash) vs 8mp (dual LED flash), front camera none.

I could care less how its touted in the market and perhaps this will get Verizon to offer a good intro price.

Take up the midrange issue with the other blogs that post it that way, personally if it has the power to do the job that is what matters to me.

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
The Merge is a midrange device? Wow! that's news to me. I didn't know vzw made low or even midrange world phones. Must be some new thing vzw is doing. Either that, or you don't believe everything you hear on the internet.

They make midrange world phones, they were called flip phones.

Verizon's making a big push to get more devices global ready. This means making phones for all markets.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Last I checked there were only three 4.3 inch screens on the market, and all of them feature older Snapdragon cores vs. the Merge's new Scorpion core. The 5mp iPhone camera shoots pics better than anything not named Nokia, so I don't know why would anyone use megapixels evidence of "high end." and 748 megs of RAM??? No phone has that much RAM save the Desire HD which is only available across the pond. So by that assertion, every device BUT that one is midrange.

Last edited:

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
the discussion here is not about flip phones. It's about today's smartphones. But if you want to call this a midrange phone, fine by me. The truth will show when VZW prices the Merge.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Like I said it is how its portrayed by other sites/blogs etc. I don't really care how Verizon or any blog places it in the hierarchy what I care about is the phones overall performance. The numbers so far speak very clearly it WILL perform very nicely.

I also know the number of MP is irrelevant compared to the actually camera and how it reproduces the image.

Now if anyone can say when its officially coming out, that is what I am most interested in.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Its pretty obvious if you use the current Verizon Android lineup as a template. The phone will be 520-560 on contract, 299 with a 100 mail in rebate bringing it 199.99-unless of course you purchase from somewhere that skips the MIR. The only real mystery is the release date, which has been rumored to be the 11th last I read.

The only site/blog I've seen with any info on the Merge is right here, at AndroidCentral.