Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default Any sort of release date for the Merge?

    Im in my first 30 days with my DInc and will probably just exchange it one time before the Merge is released. Is it going to be at least before the end of the year?

    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  2. #2  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,973 Global Posts

    Default

    No idea, and nobody's talking yet. :-/
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Beezzy's Avatar

    Posts
    642 Posts
    Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

    Default

    Yeah my friend works for Verizon and was confused and thought there was a company merge hahaha
    Sent from my DROID Incredible
  4. #4  

    Default

    Most sources say an Oct-Nov release date, but it's possible it can change.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan745 View Post
    Most sources say an Oct-Nov release date, but it's possible it can change.
    I am scrapping my plans to get the MyTouch HD to get this for the holidays.
    So let's hope it's out by November so I can try it out.
  6. #6  

    Default

    I wish they would just announce it already. My wife has a BlackBerry and she is eligible to upgrade tomorrow. If we knew it would be October or early November, then this would be her new phone. But if it is late November or sometime in December, then it is going to have to be the Droid 2 (or Droid Pro if it is out at the time) because she wants a physical keyboard too. The Merge's keyboard looks great and I know my wife likes Sense on my Incredible already. So come on Verizon, give us a date!
  7. #7  
    wnflyer's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

    Default Release Date

    November 11th is the latest "rumor".

    Randy
  8. #8  
    Raptor007's Avatar

    Posts
    3,186 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

    Default

    I just ported back to Verizon and picked up the fascinate. Not sure I am set on it, and could easily just return it and activate my old flip phone for now and see what comes out in the next 30 days.

    Droid X vs Droid 2 vs Fascinate vs Merge.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Well it's already halfway through October, if Big Red was going to release it this month, You'd think that there'd be stuff on pricing, commercials, packaging, etc. on it. So, as much as I hate to say it, I think it's coming somewhere in Nov.

    I'll probably pick it up during the holiday season.
  10. #10  

    Default

    I thought November 11th was the day? It definitely works with VZW release schemes. It seems I always end up having to pay for Saturday delivery, thanks big red.
  11. #11  
    Tarpit_Carnivore's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

    Default

    This phone has intrigued me since it was announced and I don't normally go for sliders but the positive reviews make it desirable.

    I have an Eris now and am 10ish months out on my next upgrade but I'm hoping I can convince them to let me upgrade early if I say the right things.
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankspin View Post
    This phone has intrigued me since it was announced and I don't normally go for sliders but the positive reviews make it desirable.

    I have an Eris now and am 10ish months out on my next upgrade but I'm hoping I can convince them to let me upgrade early if I say the right things.
    Good luck. If you're the primary line on the account you can pay 20 bucks to upgrade early, but if you aren't, they're pretty unsympathetic to you wanting to upgrade early. I even offered to pay the etf on my phone to upgrade, but they wouldn't let me do that and keep my number. :\ Luckily I have another line with an upgrade I can use. Now i just need the Merge to come out
  13. #13  
    Tarpit_Carnivore's Avatar

    Posts
    311 Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfission View Post
    Good luck. If you're the primary line on the account you can pay 20 bucks to upgrade early, but if you aren't, they're pretty unsympathetic to you wanting to upgrade early. I even offered to pay the etf on my phone to upgrade, but they wouldn't let me do that and keep my number. :\ Luckily I have another line with an upgrade I can use. Now i just need the Merge to come out
    I am the primary line and the primary account holder to boot. You just need to know what to say, like, "Company X is offering to my ETF and give me a lower bill".
  14. #14  

    Default

    I don't get why everyone goes for these 2yr contracts. On everything but my primary line, I always go for the 1 year contract. You pay only $30 more for the phone, but get an upgrade a full year ($9.99x12 = $120) earlier.

    Now on the primary line, this doesn't matter, because Verizon lets you upgrade once a year as long as you keep renewing for 2 years.

    I have never been able to not use an upgrade for a new device using this system. And if I have an upgrade sitting for more then 3-4 months, I purchase a new phone, don't open it, and sell it on ebay as brand new. Usually getting about $400-450 depending on the device. So 1yr contract price of Droid 2 ($229), sold for $422, minus 1 year add a line ($120), no insurance because I sell the phone anyway, nets ~$75. I'm not doing it for the money, but its better than letting my upgrade sit and me paying subsidized prices without having a subsidized phone.

    Moral of the story, use My Account to purchase phones on your primary, and get 1 yr contracts for all your secondaries.
  15. #15  
    DolfanCole's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sc32valve View Post
    I don't get why everyone goes for these 2yr contracts. On everything but my primary line, I always go for the 1 year contract. You pay only $30 more for the phone, but get an upgrade a full year ($9.99x12 = $120) earlier.

    Now on the primary line, this doesn't matter, because Verizon lets you upgrade once a year as long as you keep renewing for 2 years.

    I have never been able to not use an upgrade for a new device using this system. And if I have an upgrade sitting for more then 3-4 months, I purchase a new phone, don't open it, and sell it on ebay as brand new. Usually getting about $400-450 depending on the device. So 1yr contract price of Droid 2 ($229), sold for $422, minus 1 year add a line ($120), no insurance because I sell the phone anyway, nets ~$75. I'm not doing it for the money, but its better than letting my upgrade sit and me paying subsidized prices without having a subsidized phone.

    Moral of the story, use My Account to purchase phones on your primary, and get 1 yr contracts for all your secondaries.
    Interesting route. Verizon's price difference between a 1-yr and 2-yr contract however is $70 now (at least for the Droid 2 and Fascinate). So it's a little less of an incentive to go 1-yr. I'll have to really look into the total cost for 1-yr versus 2-yr contract though to see what the true difference is.
  16. #16  

    Default

    You're right. This is a brand new change, the $70 difference. The last phone I purchased on 8/10 with a 1 yr. So it had to happen in the last 2 months. Looks like other people were doing the same thing. Damn you VZW.
  17. #17  
    shamefulzero's Avatar

    Posts
    236 Posts
    ROM
    ICS

    Default

    phonearena is saying nov 23? and it sounds like it is 3.7" damn!
  18. #18  
    DolfanCole's Avatar

    Posts
    1,190 Posts
    ROM
    CNA 3.0/leanKernel 4.2.0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamefulzero View Post
    phonearena is saying nov 23? and it sounds like it is 3.7" damn!
    Really? Haven't seen that. I did see they are saying Nov. 23 for the Incredible HD, which is a different phone. The Incredible HD is like the Evo and Desire HD.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Looks like Verizon and HTC are awarding 6 Merge phones as prizes in a contest in Seattle this weekend. That has to be a sign this phone is coming soon, right?
  20. #20  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,973 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by map724 View Post
    Looks like Verizon and HTC are awarding 6 Merge phones as prizes in a contest in Seattle this weekend. That has to be a sign this phone is coming soon, right?
    Whoa! Cool find. But I just heard back from HTC, and they told me it should be the Droid Incredible instead. Oh well. :-/
  21. #21  

    Default

    I find it hard to believe that HTC and Big Red both screwed up and wrote "Merge." Freudian slip? Perhaps the DI is the real prize, but the use of the word Merge leads me to believe this thing is imminent.
  22. #22  
    Sploinkin's Avatar

    Posts
    350 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP + Franco's

    Default

    It'll be tough to choose between this and the Incredible HD if they both come out on 11/23

    I love my that there is a keyboard like my OG Droid, but 4.3 inches might be hard to pass up.

Posting Permissions

B